The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the old doe that I have is in full blown labor an pushing, one problem tho, her cervix is only open to about a quarter, I necsicarilly wouldent worry but her verix is PAPER thin, I mean I thought it was the babies sac since it was so thin but it wasent, it is her cervix. She is already bleeding cause it is ripping a little bit..... If this thing rips open I will loose her. What do I do?????

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am very sad to say that all the babies and momma past away. She pushed out the first baby and there was a massive amount of blood....so she ripped. We got all the babies out and she was even passing her placenta, then she just crahsed, got cold ( its 103 right now) and just passed away. Her bleeding had stopped but usually what happens is when the vervix is forfully ripped like that it will also rip the uterus, and I think that is what happened, you may not see the blood but it fills the body cavaty and they die quickly... There was no time to even call the vet. I appreciate all your guys help!!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I'm so sorry - it sounds like there was no possible help for her even though you were giving your all. :grouphug:
This is a sad day on the Goat Spot with two unexpected deaths.

·
Premium Member
10,654 Posts
:shocked: I am so sorry. What a horrible thing to happen. i have never heard of that happening before. I have no words other then how sorry I am that you lost all the goats. :( I am just so sorry. Prayers to you, :pray: At least you were there with her when she went to greener pastures.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was Starbuck Irish Cream. She was one leg away from her MCH at 11 years old. She dident look her age at all, she looked like a 5 year old.It is just very sad and I miss her allot, she was a very sweet girl.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm so sorry for your losses. I know your doe lived a fine life with you. It's very sad you lost her and her little ones.

Anna

1 - 19 of 19 Posts