Emergency question! I hope someone is here!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Firestone Creek Farm, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Firestone Creek Farm

Firestone Creek Farm New Member

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Hi everyone,

I have a doe who has decided to deliver today! I knew the due date was soon, but I'm thinking she's quite a bit early. She went posty this morning, and the first bubble burst about 4 o'clock. She wasn't really having what I'd call active contractions. And still isn't. She is streaming a little, but she's been doing that since about 6 o'clock this evening. I think most of what I am seeing is the first sac that burst, hanging. She pushed once, earlier, and I saw a little bit of a bubble, but then she just stopped! I don't know if I disrupted her or what, because she's generally a very easy going doe. I'm not sure if I need to just leave her alone or if I need to go in. I don't want to go in if I don't have to. Ideas??? Please???

Angie :hair:

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ooh...the baby might be stuck...I've never had it happen but if you can get him in position...or call a vet..hope everything goes good. Maybe try calling one of the experts i know sweetgoats, allison, stacey etc has their numbers on the forum

3. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    The bad thing is I am going to have to try to do whatever by myself... don't know if I can find someone to help. :( Vet is out of the question--45 minutes away and super hard to reach.

4. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    go in and see what you can feel... you can call me.... 619 922 8827

5. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    angie do you want me to call you?

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    She got a hold of me. Waiting on her to call me back if she needs.

7. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    ok... is she doing okay?

8. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    was she able to feel anything when she went in? Was she able to0 move the baby at all? Kidding can be so stressful! (on the owner)

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    She needs to wake hubby up and get stuff cleaned and ready to go in. Doe is only giving little pushes every once and a while.
    The funniest thing is I was sound asleep and couldn't figure out why I had set my alarm on my phone. Once I finally got the sound off I realized it was someone calling me. :doh:

10. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    ok hope everything goes good!! *crosses fingers*

11. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am up and awake if needed ..... we are just about to eat dinner so I will be up for a while! 509 499 5828

12. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Well, I guess you're up for a while! hope all goes okay.

Sounds like the baby is just tumbled up in there. Sometimes, I've found, if the doe doesn't want to push, once you untangle the babies, they'll got down to work.

13. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Ok.. I am TOTALLY confused!!! I went in with hubby holding her. She laid down... lots of crying. I DO NOT FEEL ANYTHING!!!
    Nothing at all!!! I started looking at what is left and I swear it's placenta! I went in twice. :( I bounced her and I don't feel anything. She is a really deep doe, and I am new at this, so I hope I'm not missing anything...

14. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    How far did you go in? Are you sure she didn't drop a kid somewhere?

15. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    Question... how FAR in do I need to go??? Maybe I didn't go in far enough. I was in about 6-8 inches and I rotated my hand around, pushing while she was pushing, trying to feel something, anything. The only thing I felt at all was what felt like a wall... I'm guessing the uterine wall. No bright red blood or brown blood--just pink. And what is hanging from her is long and lumpy looking..

16. citylights

citylights Member

Jul 3, 2009
    Southern California
    take your cell phone to the barn or bring the doe to the house

17. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    On a really long doe I went in up to my elbow once. What you describing does sound like placenta...

Did you feel another bubble in there? You can call me again if you want.

18. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    I have her isolated in a corner of the barn. She's been there since about 6. If she delivered one, it would have had to have been before I put her up. That's always possible, I guess, but good grief! I don't know where she would have had it, because she's been in the barn all day long. There are no hiding places. I hope she didn't dispose of it or something. Do they do that? If they are preterm?

19. Firestone Creek Farm

Jul 11, 2008
    NC, USA
    The only thing I felt felt like a squishy wall. I angled upward and kinda curved while going in. I hope she's just not dilated well enough or something. ARGHHH... I know she will have little contractions when passing the placenta. It's possible that's what she's doing now. Ever had the placenta present first? Even then, I should feel SOMETHING at the other end, but I don't. There were some little pieces of pink, flat looking tissue that came out on the glove, too. Not sure what that is...

20. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    If you got your whole hand in then she's dialated enough. You could try going deeper. I know I checked a doe once, didn't feel a thing, she started pushing again, so I went in again and there was a kid.