Emergency...sick kid low temp

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by critterhavenfarm, Jun 10, 2009.

1. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm Guest

Feb 18, 2009
    Re: Emergency...sick kid low temp -RIP

Little Flashdance just passed. She had given up. I had not and tried til the end. Yes, she had BOSE and yes, I had tube fed, but to no avail. Her drive just wasn't there. I could see it. She just literally gave up and didn't fight it.

Amazing how life works. Our little Ella got sick and she was a bottle baby...Flashdance was dam raised, with a bottle now and then. Ella pulled through and is a little fighter today...but she has drive. Ella isn't registered but is just a little bundle of energy. Flashdance was too but somehow her mom knew I think. Her sister Footloose was bigger and always got all the attention...first to nurse...when both went to her Paris would nudge on Footloose and Flashdance would have to catch up.

As I said, I have Paris her mom and Lancelot her dad, so can repeat the breeding...but no two are ever alike....

Thanks for all the :grouphug: and :pray: This community is so great...

Susan

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm sorry for your loss. :tears: :hug: :hug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so... very sorry... for your loss... :( ..You did everything in your power.. to help her....she may of had something internal..... that was wrong .... sometimes....it happens ...and no matter what we do ...we can't save them....again I am so sorry......... :hug:

4. nancy d

nancy d Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 5, 2007
    near Seattle
    Rest in Peace little Flashdance :hug:

5. FarmGirl18

FarmGirl18 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I am so sorry...I know you did all you could for her. :( :hug:

6. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
  7. mnspinner

mnspinner New Member

Aug 13, 2008
    These losses are so hard. You would hope once they get to two months the worst is behind them, but nature has a way of controlling populations. Not pleasant for us, but you sure made a heroic effort.
    I am so very sorry.