EMERGENCY

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by getchagoat (Julie), Feb 14, 2008.

1. getchagoat (Julie)

getchagoat (Julie) New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Waco, KY
    This thread is for emergencies so everyone will notice it right away. Once it is resolved, we will move the posts off to another thread.

2. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Need vit B dose for 175lbs goat asap. I am standing over her with bottle and needle!!

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Are you dosing for thiamine or just regular b-complex? If doseing for Thiamine is it a 12.5mg/ml bottle or 100mg/ml ??

4. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Reg B. I do not think polio

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    B-Comp, 1cc per 20 pounds.... dose her with 9 cc. This is if just giving for the "normal" reasons

6. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Ty will fill you in more in a min. Need to give this to her.

7. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Ok
    175 lbs nubian with temp of 103
    Kidded yesterday with breech spin first kid. All kids (3) had to be pulled. Mom worn out. Started on pen and was given oxetosene(sp?) To help pass afterbirth as she was so weak.
    Was also given power punch to help get her eatting and drinking. She world not drink unless forced. Was milked for 5.5 lbs colostrum. Eat 1 lbs grain.

Did not drink all night but was up and moving next morning and was milked for 3.6 lbs and had 1lbs grain.

Started force feeding gatoraid. Has only had 2qt all day. She acts like in pain and crys out when you touch belly.

Today has had pen shot and vit b was just given.

She will not eat or drink. Still having contractions.

8. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    She did get a calcium drench.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    The oxy may still be causing contractions, stressing her. Also, just something to consider, any chance she may have suffered a uterine tear during the delivery?

10. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    No blood in discharge. Looks normal. Less then my other two who just kidded.

11. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    how much calcium did you give her?

12. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I gave that much to my ND you have standards right? I would give her some more.

13. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    103 Temp is normal......
    She should be given more calcium.... like Stacey mentioned...

14. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    I have 3 goat people here now. We do not think she will make the night. Please prey.

15. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I think Oxy only lasts 30 minutes. Either there are more kids in there, or she tore inside. Did she pass the whole placenta? What Kind of Calcium drench do you have?

16. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    ashley is right, if she is still contracting its not because of the oxytocin. I suspect she has another kid in there ...

I'm praying for your doe to pull through

17. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Yep, I as going to say the same thing Keren said. Have you check to make sure there are no more babies?

I would give Molasses water for more energy and give the the mix of Karo Syrup and Coffee. She does not need the whiskey because she has a normal temp.

I hope she make it. The B should stimulate her appetite.

18. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am praying for her.... :pray: :hug:

Shelly Borg... had mentioned that she gave Oxy...
    but it wasn't mentioned ....when ....after the oxy was given... that she was contracting.... she gave it... because ...the afterbirth... was still there....if afterbirth is present...... most likely .... there are not ...anymore babies in there......

I do agree... that she may have a tear... or have milk fever really bad... as milk fever.... they don't run high fever and her temp is normal..... :hug:

19. Shelly Borg

Shelly Borg New Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Redding CA
    Sorry she has gotten multi types and amounts atthis time. The poor girl has had every med plus the kitchen sink trown at her. The vet is here now and said at this time we had all ready did everything he could do. She has katoses(sp?) They think. I have to give her shots every 2 hours through the night. I hope I have good news in the morning. Right now she seams stable.