The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two San clementes for sale both yearlings a buck and a doe. There are only about 500 San clementes on the earth!!! Help me save this breed! UTD on vacc and worming also recently trimmed. Relatively friendly with treats. Asking $150 for buck $200 for doe.

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so in 1875 a man dropped off some goats on an island off the coast of CA called San Clemente. Lets just say they multiplied and skip a few years! So it is now the mid 1900's the U.S. navy is now in charge of the island where there are about 15,000 goats On a 57 square mile island. The U.S. navy wants this island for an air base so they go to a judge and say well these goats have to go because they are eating the endangered indigenous flower found no where else in the world (yet an air base on top of those flowers wouldn't kill them) :p anyway the judge says all right you can get rid of the goats. So the navy starts shooting the goats they are killing and killing but the goats just keep repopulating! Lets just say they took measures to the extreme... That's when the animal right act stepped in saying you can't do this these goats are now their own breed! So they went back to that same judge and the judge basically said wait wait wait you can't do that to the navy! So the navy said to the animal rights group fine you get rid of them!!! So they did but in the process of removing the goats from the island they stupidly neutered most of the males. And now there are about 500 SCI goats in the world making them endangered.

I know that was really long but please read it, it is very interesting!
The image I attached is the yearlings dad.

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No unfortunately they are related I would sell a breeding pair but the adult doe that would go with the yearling buck doesn't take care of her babies... She doesn't look like a SCI but she is. But if you would be willing to noddles feed then I would sell her! Here is a photo.

·
Registered
29,932 Posts
Gizmo is adorable lol..They look a bit like a cross between Nigies and Pygmy

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bumping up! I'm willing to meet half way as in travel. Also ill sell the yearling or the black doe bred I also have a baby for sale she won't be ready for a while though. Here is a picture of her!

Attachments

·
Care giver of 4 milkers, one doeling, and One beau
915 Posts
what an interesting story! I hope they find good homes.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya me to! I am willing to take down the price. I love em to death but I need room for goats that are not related to my herd! I'm working on them and its almost to the point where they will let me pet them!! That's a HUGE improvement!

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Gizmo- buck beautiful boy mom was large dad is white buck mom produces INSANE amount of milk for her age on her first freshening she made more than a gallon a day! If you want to have a milking SCI herd this is your man! Mom was a breeze on the stand with nice large easy to milk teats and lots and lots of milk! Gizmo is proven he is masa's daddy. He is my friendliest and most out going buck! I am so sad that I can't keep him!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Burtie- doe Burt is a beautiful friendly yearling doe with pretty good teats for this breed. I believe she is going to follow in her dads footsteps and turn white that is a unique coloring! I would love to keep all of my goats but she is also to related to my herd her mom is also a great milker she will probably be a bit smaller her mom and dad are medium sized. Mom is a dream to milk she produces more than 3/4 a gallon! She is one of my friendliest does and she LOVES treats! She is always the first one to get a treat she was my very first kid born on the farm she will be a great momma I will sell her bred.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
I wish I could!! Gizmo is sooo handsome! Unfortunately, we don't have any money right now budgeted for more goats! :( Out of curiosity, how big do these guys get?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They vary in size but most of mine accept for one are nigerian dwarf size or possibly a tiny bit bigger.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Bumping:) make me an offer:) I now have five goats for sale! Two bucks and three does! $50 off every goat you buy after your first goat i need room I'm getting four goats in a month or so!!!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts