Enlarged heart

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Debra P, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    I do have her in our sick pen and I just received a message from my vet, she's on her way, this really does sound like acorn poisoning! She has every symptom accept she isn't bleeding from the nose. Thank you so much for your help ❤️❤️❤️❤️ you people are so much kinder than the goat pages on Facebook! I will get back to you all ❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️❣️

Ana, MadHouse and GoofyGoat like this.
  2. GoofyGoat

GoofyGoat Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    I’m glad you got the vet coming! Hopefully she’ll be better and a chow hound soon!
    Keep us posted and good luck!

MadHouse and Debra P like this.

3. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    I can NO THANK YOU ALL MORE❣️I HAVE SO MUCH RESPECT FOR YOU ALL TRYING TO HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT IS GOING ON ❣️❣️ From what I read i believe it's acorn poisoning, but I may have gotten her just in time, the only symptom she doesn't have is bleeding from the nose. These two Nubians have been the only goats that I have, that constantly has something going on. As I said the last owner said she stopped breeding Rose's line because of heart problems..❣️❣️❣️I will update you ASAP

4. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    It’s always good to bounce ideas off someone to think things through.
    It’s even better to have a good vet.
    I’m just glad it’s getting taken care of.

5. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Our vet took x-rays, we have no choice but to put her down, the X-rays showed some kind of tumor that was pushing on her diaphragm making it very hard to breathe and my vet said her body was working so hard to breathe that she couldn't eat and breathe at the same time my girl is gone and I appreciate all of your help ❣️ my vet said that she could get bad enough within days and we could find her down and struggling to breathe

Kass likes this.
  6. goatblessings

goatblessings Fair-Haven Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Southwest Ohio
    So very sorry for your loss. At least you know you did everything to help. Hugs in this hard time for you.

7. MellonFriend

MellonFriend Well-Known Member

My deepest condolences. It sounds like you made the right decision for her. :hug:

alicejane, MadHouse and Debra P like this.
  8. GoofyGoat

Sep 21, 2018
    TEXAS
    Oh No, I’m so sorry. You did everything possible to help her. Hugs

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

So sorry for your loss.

MadHouse, Debra P and Iluvlilly! like this.
  10. Goats Rock

Goats Rock Member

Jun 20, 2011
    NE Ohio
    So very sorry for your loss. She had great care with you and now she is romping over the rainbow bridge. Words don't help, but know that she knew love with you....

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am so very sorry. :(

12. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so much Unbelievable that I just lost her momma maybe a month ago and now Onxy is buried right next to her mom..my friend Steve made a beautiful cross for the graves, we are going to have a little ceremony for both rose and Onxy

MadHouse likes this.
  13. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so very much I never expected this to happen today . I have RESCUED these babies from people who no longer wanted them so I certainly don't get vet paperwork, I'm sure they weren't cared for like i care for them, they are just hear to be loved and cared for in the right way! Poor animals but at least I know I gave all my goats tons of attention and love❣️ these goats mean sooo much to us.. thank you all for your help and suggestions I appreciate this website truly

MadHouse likes this.
  14. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so very much this is the hard part of LOVING our animals, but I have them some great years, both vets Cara and Lindsey told us that our place is GOAT HEAVEN

MadHouse likes this.
  15. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so very much, my goats and basically just pets, I rescued them from people who no longer wanted them, at least they know that they were very LOVED

MadHouse likes this.
  16. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    How very sweet, thanks so very much for caring... these goats are just here to be loved and cared for the right way..once they were unwanted but I know that they understand that I adore each goat we have in our care

MadHouse likes this.
  17. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so very much at least we did get to have her for almost four years after being diagnosed.. I knew she'd have wasted away a lot faster if I didn't take her aside and feed her grain and alfalfa pellets soaked, right up until less than a week she did great until she tried telling us, I need to go now with my mom, they both are burried next to each other

TCOLVIN and MadHouse like this.
  18. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Oh Debra..im sorry you lost her. ((Hugs))

19. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thanks so very much and yes this is the hardest part of LOVING these beautiful animals but I would rather go through this awful time than to never have had them

alicejane, MadHouse and MellonFriend like this.
  20. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thanks so very much, as I think about this, I used to become extremely depressed after losing ab animal but I'd rather feel awful for awhile then to have never have loved each goat we rescued

HMNS and MadHouse like this.