Enlarged heart

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Debra P, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so very much, we rescued each goat we have, I know that they understand how much I love them, in rescuing these sweet goats all I want is to see complete trust in they Beautiful eyes

2. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Well words from others who love these animals is very special ❣️I truly appreciate all of you for your suggestions and help..Onxy thanks you too

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.

3. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    I am not sure I thanked you,my head is spinning, and my heart is broken but I would rather go through this difficult time than to have never had them to love❣️

4. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so very much this is the HARDEST PART OF LOVING ANIMALS.. but I started rescuing them seven years ago and I knew that I'd lose some days but losing Both mom rose last month and now her daughter Onxy is UNBELIEVABLY hard but at least GOD gave us some good years with them

toth boer goats, Tanya and MadHouse like this.
  5. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Hello, I wanted to make sure I thanked all of you lovely people, thanks so very much this is hard, I just lost Onxys mom on September 27thPoor Rose had been over breed, we took both Rose and her yearling at the time Onxy Because the other owners told us that we'd never get to even get next to Onxy Because she was extremely skidish, but was too attached to Rose so they gave us both Rose and Onxy... That didn't happen with me, 8 never tried touching her..I just wanted her to see that the others are treated gently and lovingly, it only took a couple weeks and Onxy was coming up to me with her little head down so I would pet heras I have said I don't breed but I rescue unwanted GOATS I kept seeing only two houses away, a farm that has cattle but I kept seeing one goat TIED UP And that made me very nervous because she had two yearlings that were running around I thought they'd get hit by a car! Long story short, the farmer asked if we would take these three goats Because the guy who dropped them off never came back for them.. one testicle later, the first appointment to have him fixed was a week away and 8 didn't have a sick pen at the time. Not realizing how fast a Billy goat could work, that winter, all winter I was being accused of overfeeding them 8 kept saying I wasn't overfeeding them and my friend would ask me ok then how did those HAY BELLIES come! We had no idea that some of our does were PREGNANT, not until February of 2016 I went to feed my goats and to my absolute horror I saw rose with blood all over her, I just got her into the truck and rushed her to the emergency vet, then I couldn't believe what I was seeing, hooves coming from Rose and a nose 8 THOUGHT what is this did a deer mate with her we got her into the office and she passed a beautiful little still born even after the vet told me she isn't breathing I kept trying to get her to take a breath, nope.. my vet came the next day and told us that a few more does were about to have babies. Onxy, was about a year and a half old and had triplets, we had to bottle feed Because Onxy looked at them as if they were scary aliens! So I have onxy's twins, Clarece was last.in fact they wouldn't have made it unless I was there. Onxy refused to even look at them ..we lost Clarece from our WINTER HAY THAT LITERALLY HAD TONS OF HORSE NETTLE IN IT! lost my little girl Because of that, it's a long story but I just have to make sure Gidget the tiniest baby girl is going to be ok, she never left Onxy side, trying to keep weight on Onxy, putting her in the sick pen, I had to let little Gidget in with her and thank God I did because she was so scrawny now she has good weight on her so I'll be keeping my eyes on that little girl

Attached Files:

6. HMNS

HMNS Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2019
    Brown County, Ohio
    Hi Debra...
    It is just heart-breaking to lose a loved one but, unfortunately, it is part of life as we know it. :( The only thing we can do is LOVE them, treat them well and try not to take the time we have with them for granted. That time with them will ALWAYS be too short!! We (I, at least) are never ready for it even when we know it's coming and it just HURTS!! I'm sure your Rose and Onyx knew that you loved them, gave them a good life and took care of them the best that you could. That's all we humans can do for our 'kids'.

HUGS to you and Gidget!!! She's a real cutie!! :)

toth boer goats, Debra P and MadHouse like this.
  7. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so very much ❣️ yes my heart feels like it busted in two! Losing both my sweet Rose and her daughter Onxy is a terrific nightmare I have to go on, I can't BECOME depressed like I usually do because I have 12 beautiful babies that still need me.. I'm sure you can understand, the way you spoke, I believe you are just like me, we do everything for our goats, and anything for them..I still have 12 beautiful sweethearts and I have to go on, but there's a time to laugh and a time to MOURN and that's not over quit yet..I have a video on onxy her last day, only 48 seconds but I can't upload it to this site. We were trying to get her to eat anything and you can hear that terrible gurgling sound ❣️❣️❣️thank you so very much, I love this website much better than the ones in facebook which I've been off of for a couple months

HMNS and toth boer goats like this.
  8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

So sorry you lost her

Debra P, MadHouse and toth boer goats like this.
  9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :( It is devastating, I am so sorry.

MadHouse likes this.
  10. Debra P

Debra P Active Member

May 8, 2019
    Rhode house
    Thank you so much, my love for these beautiful creatures is hard at these times I sold had Onxy
    Ohh no I'm sorry I missed your comments this is a wonderful group, much better than Facebook goat pages! That's the very reason I thought you people would be interested in the cure for CL.. losing Rose and Onxy only about 5 weeks apart is excruciating I know Onxy was mourning her momma Rose Because she'd lay by the sick pen where I kept Rose I believe she just gave upshe was always with Rose when I let rose out while cleaning up the barn, had to keep my eyes in Rose constantly Because my goats with horns injured Rose one time too much but I'd let her with the others as long as I could watch them all of you people on this website seem to be great people ❣️thank you so very much

11. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

You will always have friends here.

HMNS and MadHouse like this.
  12. TCOLVIN

TCOLVIN TKC Farms

Sep 21, 2014
    Cobbtown, Ga.
    I’m not nearly as good as these on the forum but when mind sometimes go off feed, I find that green oak leaves are good to get them to eat. Most of the time that’s the only leaf they will eat. When they are not sick they will eat all kinds of leaves. Just a thought.