Enrollment in Midwifery School scheduled for August!!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by Idahodreamer, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Finally. LOL.
    After two years of planning, and being held back financially . . . . :shades: I'm scheduled to enroll in Midwifery School in August!!! I wanted to give myself a little time, as my Dad is having surgery April 13 for a tumor in his neck :pray: and us moving to South Dakota early/middle of May and then settling in to a whole new world . . . . . I also wanted to do some preschool reading too and scrape a little more money together. :D
    But I am so excited!!!!!! :wahoo:

2. Idahodreamer

PS..... updated pics of Robin coming soon. ;)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well congrats -- so will you be doing it from home or will you be boarding at a school?

4. Idahodreamer

It's a homestudy. . . . which is neat.... and then I am going to apprentice under a midwife in MN for about 2-3 years. :D :leap:

5. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    How cool! What a rewarding career choice! :)

6. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    Woo hoo!! You go girl. I always wanted to be an OB but I'm waaay better at giving birth. We need more midwives.

7. farmergal

farmergal New Member

Jun 19, 2009
    Northern California
    That's awesome!!! I have always thought that is such an amazing career choice and for a long time wanted to be an OB or midwife. For now though I'll have to stick to goat/sheep midwifing...

Congrats :) Hope you'll keep us updated on your schooling so we can live vicariously through you!!

8. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine
    Congratulations on it all coming together-very exciting! :cool: :clap: :wahoo: :applaud:

9. 4kids

4kids New Member

Jul 21, 2009
    That is terrific! We need more midwives!

10. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Congrats! This is fantastic, midwives are such special people, my sister is one :)

I am sure you will find your schooling and your career challenging, rewarding, touching and enjoyable.

I would have loved to go that path but I cant cope with people in that situation so well ... animals yes, people no. Thats tmi for me.