Entropion?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by mariella, Jul 12, 2020.

1. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    The only instructions the vet gave me was to keep the stitches in for at least 2 weeks and to keep putting Terramycin in his eyes.

I will try and see if he lets me do the cold compress but he hates me going near his eyes right now.

I was afraid he was that young still. Yes, we tried to get him to take milk out of a bucket but he didn't seem interested even after I dipped his nose in it.
    What I have him on now is a baby beef pellet but I finally found someone that carries a goat grower ration that doesn't have corn or soy in so I'm going to be buying him some and switching him over to it.

Yes, he's getting Cocci treatment. The vet thinks it was from everything changing all of a sudden and that he just needed time to adjust.

SalteyLove and toth boer goats like this.
  2. When we had a flock of Romney sheep we would run across this eye problem once in awhile. We had the teddy bear sheep with facial wool. We used a drop of antibiotic injected under the skin of the eye lid to swell it up and pull it off the eye. Always worked for us and once done was all that was needed. I probably would have a vet do it for me now - can't see as well as I used to and could hurt them.

3. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    Give the little guy a cookie for me, he deserves it. He was thrown out because of his eye, brought home from a sale by you under the suspicion that it was only pinkeye, the you tell him he needs surgery!

on second thought, you should get a cookie! (clap)

Good luck!

4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Good job on helping the little guy. He deserves a good chance at survival.

toth boer goats and Goataddict like this.
  5. mariella

mariella Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    Prague Oklahoma
    I might still do this because the vet didn't do a great job and I just want to finish the job.
    He is enjoying life just free-ranging the yard, He now has a new nanny to watch over him while he plays and eats all day. No, it's not a goat! One of our dogs managed to get pregnant without us knowing and around 5 weeks' gustation she lost the litter and decided little redwood was her baby now! She follows him everywhere and sleeps with him at night, she only leaves him when she knows where he is and can see him.

6. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Wow. Your little boy is so lucky. Yu are so blessed with the perfect nanny

CottonwoodBoerGoats and MadHouse like this.
  7. CottonwoodBoerGoats

CottonwoodBoerGoats Active Member

Jun 7, 2020
    PNW
    That is so sweet! good things come out of tragedy’s like you dogs miscarriage. Not to say that was a good thing to happen to the pup but now you have a baby sitter/adopted momma for redwood! You are blessed and I will be praying for y’all.

8. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    Poor little guy has had a rough start in life. Since he won't take a bottle..i would give him a bit of calf manna with his grain to help his weight gain. When we lost Nikkita leaving her 2 month old doeling..calf manna helped keep her condition as she adapted to no milk.
    Glad he's in caring hands.

Best wishes

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. SalteyLove

SalteyLove Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2011
    New England
    How is Redwood growing? How are his eyes?

Goataddict, Kass and toth boer goats like this.