Epinephrine?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Feb 22, 2009.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    where can i find Epinephrine ? i've looked on jeffers, hoeggers, caprine, and a few others and cant seem to find any,

i'm making my list of things to buy which include;

more CD/T
    CD Antitoxin
    Ivomec
    Valbazen
    Pritchard Teats
    possibly a leather show lead
    possibly a breeding harness
    oh, and electrolytes.

See anything i should get? i have probios, nutridrench, syringes, needles, drench gun, therm., selenium -vit e paste, fortified vit b, bloat release. and a few i'm forgetting.....I need things in advance because it takes forever to get here, doesnt really help in emergencies.

anyone try ordering of VetServe? has it worked well?
    thanks everyone!!!! :)

2. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Only place you will get epinephrine is from a vet or Vet-serve because is is RX. That's where I ordered mine from. I think they price gouge and get you on shipping too (charged me $15 to ship from Apex NC to Newport NC) Other than that they're convenient. Since they do get you on shipping its a good idea to put a big order in. I know some people who go in together for orders. I went ahead and got Muse, Epinephrine, B12 and Comforsit pills for my dogs when I ordered.

For electrolytes I really recommend Sav-a-caf. You get electrolytes and probiotics in one. My show doe this year grew up on it and she's never had any health issues. Jeffers was out of Sav-a-caf when I tried to order it last time so I'm experimenting with Revitalyte right now.

3. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Vetserv was very easy to order from and shipping was cheap. $3!

You can only get epi via prescription or vetserv. Dose is 1cc per 100 pounds sq so make sure you have some tuberculin syringes available so you can give the right dose.

4. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    thanks!
    does vetserv have a catalog or do you have to order with a credit card? i dont have one....

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Katrina....you have a very good list going there...I can't think of anything ..but pepto.. :)

Yes ...you have to get Epinephrine from a vet/prescription..... :wink:

6. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    You have to order online with a credit card.

7. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    vet serv only lets you get a single does -- or thats how they "advertize" it. How do you change the syringe type?

I can get insulin needles from my aunt (cousin has diabetes)

8. badnewsboers

badnewsboers New Member

May 9, 2008
    Newport, NC
    Are you talking about the epinephrine? I got a 30 mL bottle from them.

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    A tuberculin syringe is just a smaller syringe. It only holds 1cc. It is much more accurate when you are giving .1, .5, ect doses.

An insulin syringe would work to, but I think it holds even less...

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I must have read it wrong :oops: you are correct

11. goatkid

goatkid New Member

Jan 17, 2009
    Montana
    As far as having things on hand for emergencies goes, I like to have bottles of RX stuff from my vet such as Nuflor, Banamine, Norcalciphos, Thiamin, liquid sulfa, diarsanyl and BoSe. From the mail order OTC places propylene glycol, chlorhexadine, vetwrap, Biomycin and C&D antitoxin.

12. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    so would it be cheaper to purchase from the vet or order it?

13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I would call your vet and get a price ...then get a price ...plus shipping and handling and compare.... :greengrin:

14. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    :doh: okay maybe i could have answered that! lol.

I have my friends bringing over some Bo-se - for that buck kid...he looks the SAME from when he was two days old. he's really scaring me, he's eating and all that but hasnt grown at all. the doe is probably 20 pounds, she's big. and he needs to be at least 55 pounds in 7 months, for market. :worried:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    wow....the little buck is being real stubborn in growth......... :(
    I am glad that the doeling is doing well though...she sounds like she is thriving..... :greengrin: