Epona had a house fire :-(

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by kelebek, Dec 21, 2012.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    For some of us that have been around TGS for a while - Epona had a horrible house fire the other day and lost EVERYTHING - even some animals. Kristina (Epona) is a great person and would give the shirt off of her back for anyone at anytime - even give you her last 10 cents when she only had 5 - but would borrow the other 5 from someone just to give to you.... that is the type of person she is.

Anyway - I am going to be working on putting together some gift cards to TSC / Home Depot / Walmart so that they can get their fences rebuilt and buy clothes, housewares and that type of thing.

If anyone would like more info - please PM me or send an email to [email protected]

Kristina was supposed to come to Houston Livestock show in just a couple months and was going to start getting involved in showing. Her whole life is turned upside down for her and her husband at the moment. :-(

PRAYERS are always welcome!!!!!!!!!!!

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    It's so very sad...I was just getting ready to post something. I'm going to try and get a donation sent to her by tomorrow. If anyone can donate anything...please do!!

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    she has a site set up for donations, but they charge her a minimal amount - so I am going to send gift cards :) the visa ones are nice because they can be used anywhere. She has done so much for me (sending ALOT of people my way for soap sales and what not).

4. dobe627

dobe627 Senior Member

Oct 16, 2007
    southeast PA
    Please pm or email address please. How terrible. I can't imagine

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    her email is [email protected] her address is Kristina Saucedo po box 272 bedias tx 77831

I just sent her an e-card to walmart ... now THAT was some cool stuff! They get an email with a code they can use on line to order things - or they can print it and use it in store! You can do any amount $5.00 and up - pretty darn cool!

6. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    My mom and I are trying to figure out what we can send her... I asked her what she needed and she tells me "Your prayers and good wishes are enough to me, you don't have to send anything"
    Bless this woman, she is an amazing and very strong person!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    oh Tara - you have NO idea!!!

I sent her a walmart e-gift card. I know some are getting care packages together (had someone ask if she was in a hotel cause they were going to PAY for a couple of the nights for her ... can you believe that one!!!)

they are in the process of building a small farm house (don't know specifics) but it is no where near complete ... they lost ALL goat / horse tack and supplies. The remaining livestock have a place to stay (offered to come pick them up and house them till they were set back up). They have no housewares / clothes / toiletries / furniture / decorations / nada!

what I am trying to say ... is literally anything is helpful at this point ... down to a package of socks :)

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Do you know what size clothes she wears?

9. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    That is so sad! Losing my house is one of my biggest fears!
    I'll jump on the computer soon and see if there's anything I can donate from here.

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Yes, Kristina is small in shirts 0 in jeans and 6/7 shoe. Husband Steven is shirt l / xl jeans 38 and 11 shoe

11. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    This is such a horrible tragedy :(
    I hope to be able to send something to her soon to help, Gift cards are a great way to help with expenses.
    So sad that she lost pets too :(

12. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    that is the hardest for her - not the material things ... but her animals :( I could never imagine. she lost the dogs and then her colt (not sure if gelded) was burned also. She also lost some ducks.

Thankfully the goats had already been moved to the farm she works at so they were not at the house - thank goodness!

13. Paige

Paige Senior Member

Oct 14, 2010
    ohio
    This is terrible. She is such a good person. Hope she didn't lose too many animals and I am glad she is ok!

14. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    OMG I am so very sorry :( I hope and pray life gets put back together for her and her husband soon, I can't even imagine what they must be going through :(

15. JaLyn

JaLyn Senior Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Indiana
    Wow this is just awful, I said a prayer for her and her family. I couldn't imagine losing my home much less any of my animals.

16. Dayna

Dayna Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Pahoa Hawaii
    How horrible. Did they have insurance? I sure hope so. It can't bring back the really important stuff but it will help. I'll do what I can.

17. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    To be honest, i didn't ask, but I don't believe they did have insurance :-(

18. It's just horrible, it brings back reality our life can be turned upside down in an instant. What type of goats did they have? I am renting and happened to be switching companies yesterday after 11 yrs, after reading this I quit putting off renters insurance and added it. I would think if there's a loan on the house they should have insurance, if renting then maybe not. Someone mentioned gift cards, I'm at the dime but would love to send something, could you PM an address?

19. WhisperingWillowNDG

WhisperingWillowNDG Nigerian Dwarf Breeder in TN

Jul 20, 2011
    Calhoun, TN
    There's been no mention of children... do they have any as I have LOADS of boxed up kids clothes...

20. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
    Could someone give me her address so I can send her a Christmas card?