The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would it be ok to mixed my essential oils for my 3 day giving ahead of time. Will they still be as effective if I mixed 3 - 4 days in advance? I was just wondering because of the olive oil carrier it’s mixed with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did it and everything was fine. But my neighbor did this and her goat simply did not have the strength for 2 days, probably something did not suit her. You need to stay here

·
Registered
30,575 Posts
Its always best to do fresh, but a day or two in advance should be fine. Don't do a months worth though. Be sure your container is sterile and glass and carrier oil is fresh.

·
TKC Farms
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I personally don't even mix my oils in a batch, I do individual. A few days would probably be fine.
I don't do a batch. I just mix each syringe with 2 cc olive oil and pull plunger out holding it against my middle finger and thumb and pointing finger so the oil don't run out, add my drops from the EO oils and insert the plunger again about 1/2 inch then turn syringe up right and hold finger over the syringe end and shake it up good. I would make up about 6 syringes this way as I am only giving to 2 goats. That would last for 3 days on.

Reactions: happybleats

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
I don't do a batch. I just mix each syringe with 2 cc olive oil and pull plunger out holding it against my middle finger and thumb and pointing finger so the oil don't run out, add my drops from the EO oils and insert the plunger again about 1/2 inch then turn syringe up right and hold finger over the syringe end and shake it up good. I would make up about 6 syringes this way as I am only giving to 2 goats. That would last for 3 days on.
That's how I like to do it as well. But I've always made fresh that day. I don't see why it would be too terrible though. I would have done the same to save time.

I am going to tag on here real quick as I wanted to ask....how young of kids do you give oils to? I usually just do herbals in their bottles (or syringe it for those on mom) starting at 3 weeks. But since I've implemented oils, I was wondering if it would be good for the kids or to wait for a while...though, the herbals seem to work just fine for them it seems. I know we have a week of rain coming up though.

·
Registered
30,575 Posts
ask....how young of kids do you give oils to?
I start at 3 weeks..helps with coccidia as well. (We kid in spring..prime parasite season)

Reactions: MadHouse

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,532 Posts
I start at 3 weeks..helps with coccidia as well. (We kid in spring..prime parasite season)
Thanks! I figured it was ok but wanted to make sure first. They'll get added into my rounds!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts