Evalutaing a potential buck...can you help?

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by pennylullabelle, Nov 24, 2009.

1. pennylullabelle

pennylullabelle New Member

Okay, without letting my excitement get the best of me (trying not to, anyway) I am looking into bucks available to me locally. I have one I think I like the look of and I'd like to know what you think of his lines:

Sire: Old Mt Farm Dan Seur out of Old Mt Farm Ballerina http://www.oldmountainfarm.com/Does-Sen ... erina.html and Old Mt Farm Woodrow out of Old Mt Farm McDermott http://www.oldmountainfarm.com/Does-Sen ... rmott.html

I'm skipped posting links to generations you can link to through the pages I've posted to save time and space :)

Dam: 1. MCH/CH Ain’t Misbehave’n Fandango
    2. 10/19/04
    3. Sire: WoodHaven Farm Latigo
    SS: WoodHaven F'arm T.K.O.
    SD: WoodHaven F'arm Shaula Parker
    4. Dam: Ponders End SL Ariel
    DS: Buttin' Heads Senor Larado*S
    DD: Ponders End OM Amelia
    You can see pictures of her (beautiful doe, truely) by going here: http://www.brandywinefarms.net/ clicking the "Senior Does" link on the menu, and scrolling down to the 3rd doe. I like her Buttin Heads and Ponder End relatives :)

Thanks for looking and any input!

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    the doe at Brandywine is only NDGA registered so kids from her would only be able to be NDGA registered -- at least thats what it looks like from her show wins.

there is no picture of the actual bucks you are interested in -- have any?

3. pennylullabelle

I didn't notice that about the Brandywine doe :doh: , I'll call them today to verify.

I am going to visit him, I'll take good pictures! :wahoo:

4. pennylullabelle

The doe, Misbehave'n Fandango, is dual registered with NDGA and AGS. Thanks for noticing though, I'm glad I double checked!

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is there a reason she doesnt have any AGS show wins? or am I reading the website wrong?

6. pennylullabelle

Okay, I asked about the does show results for AGS and the breeder informed me that the MCH in her title is for Master Champion of AGS and the CH in her title is is permanent champion of ADGA. So, that's 3 titles in both AGS and ADGA with two (working towards three) titles in NDGA. Not too shabby :) Going to meet the young buck tomorrow. Will take lots of pictures and post back for opinions. We all know we don't have to buy the first one we find (well, okay, this is the 4th I've considered) but we all also know how hard is it to resist one we really like! Anywho, pics soon...

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sounds good -- thats why I always ask, wording can be deceiving :thumb:

8. pennylullabelle

Oh yeah, thank you so much! I never would have known to ask! Now I will always know :) So, I either might have passed up a good buck because I didn't know any better :doh: , or gotten him because he was "cute" :drool: and never know just how good or bad he'd be!