The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I headed out for my walk/run (more walk than run lol) ..my donkeys were in the front pasture and saw me and ran along the fence line with me lol..Josie yelling at me the whole time..I was about 1/2 mile down the road when I heard Zoe ( 2 month old lamancha) cry out ( you can hear our farm noises for miles lol) I stopped and listened...I was about to call my husband on my cell when the cries became panicked....I stuffed my phone in my pocket when I heard my daughter scream out "HEY STOP THAT!" so I ran...I mean I ran hard like our local mountain lion was on my heels...lol...I hit the door and the kids said Zoe is fine..she had her head stuck and Poppy wasnt being nice...( not a good thing, but it worked out)..I fell into my chair trying to breath lol..my lungs burned...my son said "mom you look pale" my daughter gave me water...they all just stared at me lol..."Im fine!!" I tell them lol..man you turn 50 and they thing you have one foot in the grave lol...i have to say though...IT WAS AWESOME...running like that felt so good...once I caught my breath !

·
Registered
905 Posts
Oh so glad no one was injured!

I know that feeling of panic, though. A month or so ago I head one of the goats screaming and I ran out to the pasture. One of the kids had her head stuck and Bella was ramming her. I was screaming, "Bella, NO, Bella, NO!!!!" at the top of my lungs. All I could think of when it was over was, "I wonder what the neighbors thought!" (No injuries to little April, thank God!)

·
7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether
11,082 Posts
Why is it always the lamanchas? lol, mine did that to me. I was in the buck pen, with a very shy buckling, who decided he trusted me enough to fall asleep on my lap. Well, then I heard panicked SCREAMS, I mean BELLOWS, from the lamancha out pack. Poor baby buckling was deposited on the ground, and I RACED back there, to find she had somehow gotten stuck in a chair I had mistakenly left in there, and she was running around like a maniac, wearing it.

I have never met a goat more problem-prone than that one. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
That's funny! :lol: Don't they just love to scare us out of our wits! occasionally I'll leave one of our Alpines in the stand for a minute after milking while I do something, because she takes SO long to eat, and sometimes she gets scared I'll leave her there, and starts BELLOWING her head off. I freak out and run back, and she's just standing there, looking at me like; well? are you going to let me out or what? :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts