Ever get a little "mixed" up?? New pic added - pg 3

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by kelebek, Feb 26, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Well, you all are probobly irritated with me by now about Dora.... but every once in a while I would mention about Snow - my registered Nigerian who is bred to Joe Dirt. She is the only "confirmed" Joe dirt girl (possibly one other but will have to do DNA on the kids). Anyway, as you can see by the ticker, she was due 24 March - so just about a month.

I had made mention last night that I was thinking about shaving her udder as it is was getting bigger and I wanted to watch it more closely.

Well last night, I checked on Dora about 10 pm. Snow was all nestled down and Dora was pacing.

This morning I go to the barn, Dora is not around, call her, she comes from outside - mind you it is SNOWING - and talking a bit. I go to open the door to let her out for her grain, and look down to make sure snow is out of the way (she beds down right where the door opens to, and guess what I find -

A LITTLE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :stars: :stars: There was a little one all curled up under Snows head. I start looking around - TOTALLY confused and half asleep. Well it looks like a Nigi, but NO ONE is due yet and Dora is still pregnant......

Well Joe and Snow blessed us with a little buckling. He is just adorable. Now, going back to my records - DUH.... I should have known there was a chance of her kidding now - I don't know what I was thinking and I feel so dumb!

Anyway -

Introducing our first born for 2009, a Joe Dirt Baby, SLR Minis Joe Dirt's Hemi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So I bet you are asking WHY did I name him Hemi .......

Well, you all know that Joe got his name "Joe Dirt" because of the movie and his hair do that looked like Joe Dirt... Well in the movie - all Joe Dirt talks about is his Hemi streetrod (theme for the year is hotrods). Well then when i went out there this morning, at less then 12 hours old he is already bouncing a bit and trying to run - there is going to be NO holding this kid back!

2. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    Re: Ever get a little "mixed" up??

As I have already said... AAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW................. he is adorable!!!! :love: Congrats! ANd LOVE the name!!! Now it's dora's turn :cool:

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.

Congratulations, he is just adorable. Are you going to keep him a Buck?

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

oh my he is adorable! what a great surprise!

:party: :leap: :stars: :boy: :wahoo:

5. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC

I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to paperwork, dates and records. So I don't usually miss a step when it comes to things like that. I check ligaments when does have udders anyway. Watch them in the pasture and have never had a surprise kidding.

However I can see that happening especially if you forget about a small "possible" date and then knew a doe was really well bred at a later date. So that's not a surprise there.

Congratulations!!! :boy:

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts

Congrats! :thumb: :boy:

7. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008

I love the name Hemi. Congrats on a bouncing baby boy! A surprise like that is always wonderful. :)

8. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho

I can't see the pix . . . my computer. . . . :angry: . . . but I bet he is precious! :stars:

9. helmstead

helmstead New Member

Oct 1, 2008
    Alfordsville, IN

Super cute surprise! :stars:

10. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Just wanted to let you know, Hemi is already sold. He will be wethered and going to a lady that has been waiting for kids to be born. She is in LOVE :love: with him!!!

11. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Nope... I know and loved the movie .....that is a perfect name ....so adorable... :love: :greengrin:

12. deenak

deenak New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Ames Iowa

What a cute surprise!

13. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Well her order has changed a bit - but I am still extremely pleased - Hemi will be going to his new home with Daisie Mae and she is having Daisie Mae bred to Blue. So I am very excited.

14. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

So no Joe buck to keep? :(

15. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

no, not from Snow, unfortunately. I am going to see if Trin has his kids also and if so, maybe one of them. But really, I don't see a need for 3 reg nigi bucks when i want to cut my herd down a bit.

16. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

that's understandable........ :hug:

17. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

What a wonderful surprise! He is a cutie too...really nice color pattern, and yep, I knew why ya named him Hemi :ROFL:

18. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas

Ok - I must admit - DH came up with hemi. I was looking through my list of names on the way to work this morning that I have made up for this years theme. I asked DH what type of car it was in the movie. He said Hemi - well I KNOW it is a hemi motor - but the car-----

So we decided Hemi.

Oh and Hemi was 4 pounds 3 oz when I weighed him this morning.

19. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama

I still say he is just the cutest thing ever! :love: :drool:

20. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma

Congrats! He sure is adorable. And it's great that you found them a good home!