everyone survive?

Discussion in 'TGS Announcements & Help' started by Thanatos, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Did yall make through?

Seriously I hope noe ones comp was hit by the bug.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    according to what I read it seems like you might not even notice till it is to late... :shrug:

3. bheila

bheila New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    Kent, Wa
    I didn't even turn the computer on today. Using my phone instead.

4. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Ok so here is the worm info.......As long as you can log into Microsoft or any virus protector company web site then you are not infected.

To prevent infection just make sure all of your programs are up to date. other than that you all should be fine.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    unfortunatly I dont have virus software on this laptop -- its so old anyway I plan to get a Mac here in the next couple months

6. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Go to avast.com and get the free one. I have use it for a long time its better than macafee and norton.

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    free? sweet why do they give it away? that makes me feel skeptical

8. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    They pull a few of the bells and whistles off the free version, but the basic program rocks. The premium version is only like 20 so either way.....

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I unfortunatly have a small harddrive and I dont know if I have enough space for it but I will check

10. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    I think the program is only like 25-30mgb. now ram on the other hand I think it want like 512mgb min. how old is the laptop? if its more than 2 years old.......Prolly time to upgrade. Alienware makes a killer laptop. They cost a bit but the comp you would buy should get you 3-4 years easy 5 if you can keep the battery goin or find a replacement (the lithium batteries are only good for 5 years)

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    ok I installed it - just have to enter my key and I am good - thanks :)

12. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I am using my older winxp at the moment.....got it updated and I can go to the sites that indicate no problems.....They said on the news ...that the worm is legit....right now with people getting there updates are fine....but they are... also not positive... if it will show it's ugly head a week from now or months..... :worried:

13. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    The wormy is busy lookin for it creators to give it new instructions. If it can't find em it wont do anything. however that said what it is doin right now is LOOKIN. that means all of the infected computers are generating multiple IP addresses(like 1-200 each) this can slow everything down. There are LOTS of removal tools out there right now so the worry is for those who have the worm(odd that we are talkin bout a computer worm, to bad there's no fecal for It) their comps are gonna slow way down and some internet conectivity may be affected the same way(slowing down).

I say again if your comp is updated and you VP software is as well you are fine. There is a certain ammount of "fun" for the guys who wrote this in watchin the scramble. The fact that the worm is known means that they have set blocks for it. If you don't have it now you most likely wont.

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

too funny...LOL

thank you Jason... for easing our minds.....We appreciate it very much..... :hug:

On the news there are alot that are infected because they didn't update ....I am sure happy I ain't one of them..... :sigh:

15. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I have a Mac so I'm okay :) I ran my virus software just in case though :wink:

16. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    Thats cause no one has written any mac viruses yet. When they do all you macaholics will :tear: . :wink:

17. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Actually I recently learned that Macs can get viruses like PCs(I don't think they can get super serious viruses though), ever since Mac started putting Intel processors in their computers they are vulnerable too. In fact, I just deleted half a dozen trojans off here.

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California