Everyone survived

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Sybil, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    Cally's little bucks horn buds were getting bigger and bigger. The weather is snow and sunshine. The temperature is unstable......................and it been 8 YEARS since I have dehorned or castrated any goat kids. Thank goodness ........................it was like I could do it in my sleep! Everyone survived!!! The only problem is I like to shave the hair around the horn buds and I couldn't find my clippers. Later to day I am going to put some bands around some ugly scurs. Never banded scurs, but it can't be that difficult. I was hoping they would fall off with head butting, but no such luck and now 1 scur is curling toward his scull! WHERE IS OUR GOOD WEATHER?
    Sue

2. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    Well- according to Stacey- she took it all! lol

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Its rather nice here today, about 60 here today :) We castrated boys here today, glad I got that done!!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    It's beautiful here in SW PA!! :sun: ....though we do have some stormy weather coming thru later...my lil' bucklings are just about ready to drop off....which will be good that they will go to their new homes without the owners worrying..

5. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Glad to hear Sue! I dont know where toe good weather is. Everyone kept asking the same question at work today. We justkept telling people we had it on back order. So far today it has been sunny but in the low thirties. It has snowed and rained off and on today, and then about five we had a monsterous hail storm. And now were having thunder and lightning!
    Trill was due yesturday, but she said uh no mom not in this crappy weather.
    beth

6. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    Thanks for sending good weather our way!!!!!! Today looks like it might be nice.
    Sue

7. enjoytheride

enjoytheride New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Humboldt Co Ca
    HA! Woke up to snow covering the tree and ground- I went out to knock it off the artichoke plant before it broke under the weight- it's already propted up due to the snow on Tuesday. Then the whole time I was out doing chores, it snowed big, fat flakes.
    It stopped right as I came in and now it's almost gone- why do I think that there will be no fruit on the trees this year? Maybe the snow on the blossoms? The bees have not shown up yet. If it warms today, I will make like a bee with my long handled paint brush.
    Silly silly weather.