The Goat Spot Forum banner

Ewwww

954 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  tehgoatboi 
#1 ·
Gather 'round, everyone, and I'll tell you a tale of a sad little goat with a bit too much curiosity ... ready?

Once upon a time... this afternoon... I was innocently filling the goat feed dishes when out of nowhere appears Melino. He had opened the gate and let himself out, the clever boy. It was raining all day, and the icky bugs were out in abundance. There just so happened to be a fat, juicy slug sitting on the side of the house. It caught Melino's interest so he strolled over to it, and, being the starving, neglected goat that he is, desperate for nourishment, he gingerly lipped the slug. Finding it to be a nice soft texture, he ripped it from the wall. Well, at this point I was more or less sobbing on the ground begging him for mercy. He didn't stop. He popped it and a nice gooey yellow fluid oozed down his chin. At this point time seemed to stand still... Then came the freak-out. Melino flung his head back dramatically, and the slug flew a good five feet through the air. Then, that darling little goat practically launched himself into space and ended up at my feet, looking up at me. Again, time stands still... then he dives at me and proceeds to WIPE HIS NASTY LITTLE OOZ-COVERED MOUTH ALL OVER MY PANT LEG :hair: Up, down, side to side, making sure he smears everything he can over as much of me as he can. I was speechless with a mixture of disgust and amusement. Once I got my senses about me, I gave him a smart rap on the nose and pushed him away. He trotted off, insulted, but soon found a blackberry vine to his liking and got rid of the horrid taste in his mouth. This all happened in a matter of 10 seconds, and I am happy to report that once I changed my pants, we were none the worse for wear (well, the slug didn't exactly get off scott-free, but hey, what can you do?) So I just thought I would send out a word of warning: slugs, though slow and dumb, can do more damage than I thought possible when sitting in the mouth of a goat.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.