The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For her first freshening my favorite doe gave a quart a day with a single kid. As a second freshener she is currently giving right about 1.5 quarts a day. (Right now we are milking 3X day to keep her going). I may only have one doe who's a decent milker, but she makes up for the others with her 1.5 quarts a day. Not enough to drink (we go through 4-5 gallons a week, lol) but plenty for cheese, yogurt, soap & ice cream.

·
Registered
ADGA Nigerian Dwarf Goats
300 Posts
Is she still nursing her baby? I didn't know what was a good amount. I am milking our doe in the morning after separating her from the kids at night. But I am getting a little over 2 cups (a pint) when I milk her and letting the 3 kids with her during the day. I am curious to see what we will get once they are weaned. I think she would be considered a FF, but I am not really sure. She had a stillborn before we bought her so this was her first successful kidding. The stillbirth was the result of getting hit really hard in the side by another goat :(

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nope we just weaned. We got 2-3 cups when we milked while she was feeding twins too. Your doe is a still a 2F...technically. If she was dried up right after kidding and not milked following the frist freshening, it make take an extra freshening to develop her capacity, but she's a 2F. We almost hit half a gallon yesterday! I'm stoked now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts