Excited!

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Fibers' started by keren, Nov 11, 2008.

1. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    The Angora kids are 8 - 10 wks old now, and finally starting to lose their kid coat and grow their mohair!

It is so exciting watching it come through, now I am getting an indication of their fleece quality, up till now I have only made my selections on conformation.

Very exciting also because 5 of these kids are the first progeny from the buck I got this year, Phezulu 1743 (traveller). I am really pleased with these kids so far, and I am keen to see what their fleeces are like since he is a superb fleeced buck, but my does are more body does.

:wahoo: :dance: :clap:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    congrats ..........sounds really good...... :)

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    it is always fun to see kids grow up especiallly if they are from parents you have a lot of time and money into

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I just love those Angora babies when they are starting their mohair. they are so darn cute.

Keren, how about a picture?

5. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Lori, I am off to an exam but maybe this afternoon I will be able to get some pictures, and contrast with previous photos of them in their kid hair.

Still waiting on the last few to get their mohair ...

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Do you collect the kid hair?

I can't wait til you post pic.

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Sorry, I know I've been slack. Will try to get those pics today. Bit easier now they are weaned and in a pen near the house.

8. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is perfectly OK keren....we know you have been real busy :) ........we would love to see pics....at your convenience.... :thumbup:

9. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    K, so I went out and started taking photos ... got one before the battery was flat. Sorry! (hides under the computer desk) so it is now charging and I will get pics in a coupla hours!

10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    cool ...we will wait............. :) :thumbup: :hi5:

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I know about camera problems. I had one die recently sucked batteries like it they were lemonade on a hot day. Hope you gets batteries charged soon.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    That is my problem as well... :( ....I need to find a camera ...that gets better battery mileage.....LOL :)

13. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Mine is actually very good, came with a rechargable battery like the ones in mobile phones, I just didnt realise it was almost flat.

Well it is charged so I'm just having lunch then will take some pics for you!

14. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Can't wait to see tjhose pics keren....You're eating "lunch" and I'm going to bed....now THATS wierd! :ROFL:

I'll be checking for those cute kiddie pics tomorrow :wink:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    What kind of camera do you have ...where do you get one and how much did you pay for it...? I may want to check in on one....with a charger such as that.....I love taking pics for my site... and take probably 80 or more pics at a time.....but my camera has 2 AA batteries....that suck I mean.. ...literally...LOL :) :(

16. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    toth its an olympus ... very VERY old I'm still working on 3.2 megapixels. Will be using some of the money from the goats sold to get a new one. I got this one when digi camera's were first coming into the shops here ... and consequently I paid A LOT of money for it, up around $700 if I remember correctly. Now you can get a 10mgp for around $500.

I definitely recommend buying one with a rechargeable battery in it, and I dont mean just the normal AA batteries you can recharge because I havent found them to work any better than the throwaway ones either. This battery is a little rectangular, flat one if you know what I mean.

I definitely wont be buying anything without a rechargeable battery ... and I will stick with olympus too. You do tend to pay a little more for the name, but they really are the best.

17. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I will check into olympus camera's soon.....wow you sure paid alot for it...but it sounds like it has lasted ....for a very long time..... hopefully ...they still make them like that ...it seems like they always have to change the older things that worked good ...or....discontinue something that worked.... to something that lasts maybe a couple of years or ...when the warranty expires..... :(
    Thank you for the info ...I appreciate it .... :)

18. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Actually one more thing - I try to avoid the ones with the dial on them - you know, where you spin the dial to get diff. shooting modes. I have found the dials only last a few years before they are really hard to turn. Unfortunately seems like that is a pretty standard feature on a lot of cameras now.

And pretty basic, but get as many mp's as you can afford ...

19. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  20. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Posted the photos in the photo forum, since this thread got a little distracted :oops: