Excited

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RowdyKidz, May 19, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I am excited about the rest of this year's kidding season! I have two does left to kid this year.

One is Kookie. Kookie isn't registered, but she was my first ever pygmy and I've had her since she was 1 month old. This will be her second freshening. She is bred to my light caramel buck, who was the first ever goat born on my farm! It's also a little bittersweet because his mom is the doe I lost about a month ago. Due July 3-23. I am thinking twins?

And the other is my doe, P.L. (short for Princess Lea). She's dark grey as well, amazing lines, and she's registered. In my top five nicest does. Kidded 2 times before. She's bred to the buck that's caused some question about him. I am PRAYING that all will go well! I'd really hate to have to sell the buck since he's just AMAZING...or worse -- have something happen to her. Her first date is Oct 9. She's being bred to him right now.

Then next year I'll have 10 does kidding! :shocked: :shocked: It will be insane around here! 5 in the spring, one in June, and like 4 in the Fall.

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Well here is prayers that all goes well for the kidding. The babies sound like they will be beautiful.

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    breeding and kidding season is always so nerve wracking and exciting at the same time

4. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I love kidding time!! like Stacy says, exciting but nerve racking!! I am getting excited for the next kidding season!!!!! :leap:

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I also agree.....

it's the pull the hair out club..... :hair: I will pray that....all goes well ....happy kidding.... :pray: :hug:

6. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well.....happy healthy kiddings for you and your girls.

BTW.....It's NEVER too early to be :hair: over breeding or kidding!

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Thanks everyone! After my last kidding I am scared stiff! :worried:
    But going out and playing with those babies made it all worth wild. :)

And I am SO :hair: already! If I have another set of tripletsI swear.... :GAAH:

8. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Well...she's down to 25 days!! I am thinking she will have a single. Maybe twins? She isn't big...if she wouldn't have her udder coming in I would've thought she wasn't bred at all.

I'm curious as to what she'll have. Last time she had a single doe so... :shrug:

I am :hair: :hair: :hair:

9. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I can't blame you ....we all do the :hair: ...it can be stressful ...that is for sure.....we worry about our goats......and when a beautiful....precious life comes into this world.... it is.....definitely worth the wait........ :hug: ......I pray... she has healthy babies with no problems..... :pray: