Expensive lesson...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by 4hmama, Apr 14, 2009.

1. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    While milking my new ND goat this evening, she proceeded to reach over and pluck my gold earring out of my ear and chomp on it a few times. I now have one gold earring and a gold nugget. Guess she is trying to give the 'goose that laid the golden egg' a run for her money. The things that fall under the "live and learn" catagory. Never in a million years would I have thought that I needed to take out my earrings to milk a goat! :shrug: :shrug: Gonna have to put this piece of advice in my book that I write someday...right after "don't hike farther down into the Grand Canyon than the mules go".

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    O h man.........that is wild....and strange...I hope she didn't get her grain........I am sorry it happened to you........... :( :hug:

3. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Thanks for the :hug: TBG - I'd be :veryangry: if it wasn't so ridiculous! Let's just say that the milking concluded soon after....

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I had one swallow part of my mom necklace once, and then I had another eat a rubber glove..... so I try not to wear anything nice to the barn or leave anything lying around anymore. Crazy goats!!! :hair:

5. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Amazing what our girls teach us! Sorry you ended up with a nugget......at least she didn't swallow it leaving you to search the "berries". :hug:

Thats going to be an amazing book!

6. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome.....that must of been a total shock.....how is your ear lobe....? :help: :worried:

7. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    Believe it or not, she was so slick, she didn't even touch my ear! Just popped the earring right out and seemed SO proud of herself! I think I heard her laughing.

Liz - teach Bonnie that earrings are a no-no before she gets here! :)

8. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Easy enough to do that...I don't wear them! She does really enjoy trying to trim my hair though....and stands on my shoulders while I milk her mama.

9. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    sounds like my little bucklings...they like to climb in your lap or on your shoulders when they get a chance.

10. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    I have a necklace that I wear all the time and I have to keep replacen the cord the charm hangs on. Also I can no longer wear my braid holders. They have chew marks on them and a few of the beads are missing.

11. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Ever notice that farm women don't wear a lot of adornments? Now you know why :wink:

Sorry you lost your earring though. :hug: Maybe you can try that Cash for Gold that is on t.v. all the time.

12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    woe is she a Houdini...LOL I am glad she didn't literally rip it from your ear... :wink:

13. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    That is so funny.

14. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

never had a goat go after my jewelry. I have my ears pierced several times but i just wear little studs. Hair seems to be a popular item though. I guess maybe it looks like hay?
    Im sorry to hear about your earing. Let me know when that book comes out. I would love to read it.
    If you enjoy reading there is a book called life in the goat lane. written by a goat keeper, its all of her goat stories that she has collected over the years.
    beth