The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think it would be either. Does your opinion differ?

This guy has a well taken care of Nubian/Alpine cross in milk. She is 6 years old and an FF. She used to be a therapy goat for a disabled child until she was four years old. Now she is a country goat who just had her first single buck kid. Here's the deal: This goat is an FF. She had a SINGLE. And, she is producing about a gallon and a half a day.

She is listed at 225.00. I would say this is fine. Do you think this is expensive?

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She is VERY very gentle and sweet. Comes when called and hops on the milking stand when you tell her too.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Well, I wouldn't say it drastically leans either way. I think the reason she is more expensive than a normal (unregistered?) goat is because she IS an FF that is currently producing. On the other hand, she is already 6 and only has 1 freshening and 1 kid to show for it.

Is she registered or commercial? How is her conformation? All of that and hardiness, ease of pregnancy/kidding, udder conformation and temperament are contributing factors of her price.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Trinity, she is a good looking goat but not commercial or registered or anything. The reason why she was bred so late is because she was a therapy goat, BUT she did get pregnant on her first heat ever with a buck. So, she obviously gets preggo easily. She only has one kid to show for it, BUT what I am saying is that she already produces so much with just one kid, I can't imagine how much she will be producing in 8 years.

I know I will only have about 3 or 4 more good years with her, but by then we should have about 2 bagillion goats so who cares. LOL

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
If you feel like this is the right decision for you, then go for it. I personally think it is a good deal ;) She is probably the sweetest little thing, since she was a service goat. And I don't know anyone who would really turn down that much milk!

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:) Here are pics. No, she is nothing special conformation or udder wise... but she is easy to milk and I like her color.

Attachments

·
owned by goats
4,614 Posts
I think that is a very good price, depebds of course on hat they usually.go.for in your area. If she is sweet, easy to milk, i say go for it.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I want to go get her, probably will. :) She is absolutely adorable! I can't get over her sweet little face!

·
Goatless goat momma
7,887 Posts
she looks so sweet. the ears in the first picture of her makes her look like a little like a cow.

·
2,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Her udder makes her look like a cow, that's for sure! LOL!

She is very well taken care of and loved. The guy hasn't listed her for sale at all, he just responded to our ad that said we would give any goat a great home.

·
1,524 Posts
I routinely have does kidding, milking and living well in their mid teens. She could do the same. For 225, I'd take a chance and bring her home.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
:) Here are pics. No, she is nothing special conformation or udder wise... but she is easy to milk and I like her color.
Cutie! I think she looks good conformation wise. She doesn't have to be show quality to carry kids and have a healthy, easy life :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts