Explain that medication...

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by HoosierShadow, Jan 20, 2011.

1. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    So I was thinking, I want to start a journal with medications and their uses so I stop forgetting dosages, and what I should use in a certain event.

I thought it could be neat to have a topic where everyone can list medicines they have used - what they were used for <only if they work for the problem!!!>, the dosage recommendation <and if it's safe for newborns>.

I know there are good websites out there with information, but I trust you all over other people :wink:

You don't have to list every single thing you use, but you can start with one or two effective treatments...

I hope this isn't a bad idea? But I'd sure like to put together a journal especially for those times I may not be able to ask anyone <my DSL modem has been tempermental and needs replaced as soon as I can take it in --- for example!!>.

And I'm sure other newbies and others can find this info handy :)

2. icboers

icboers New Member

Dec 6, 2010
    Blue Ridge,TX
    Awesome idea!

Mange:
    Mix 4oz olive oil with 20 drops Eucalyptus oil. Apply to affected area and mange will be gone usually with one treatment.

Polio-
    Thiamine 3cc/100#
    6cc Penn/100#
    Dex 1cc/50#(only 1 time per day)
    I give every 4 hours until there is some improvement. Then I move to every 6-8 hours depending on the goat.

Pink eye:
    Gentacin Spray(RX item)-spray one squirt into affected eye once daily until clear.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California