Extra small triplet baby

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Aasiya, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Thanks! She's finally figured out the bottle now...I'd grown tired of battling her mom so many times a day! She gets 3 bottles with her mother's milk and one of cow's milk. She's still small..but that just means we can keep picking her up for cuddles longer than we get the others!

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Those cuddles are so important. . Good job to both of you. She will grow up to make you a proud owner.

toth boer goats, Aasiya and MadHouse like this.
  4. Last year I had a tiny tiny girl born , one of triplets. She also had a tendon problem and couldn't stand up. I would go hold her up to her mom's teat every few hours and kept them locked up together. She finally stood up at about 4 days and she thrived after that. Today she is a healthy little doe called Abigail. They just take a little extra care for a bit. Good luck with your baby. Sounds like you are doing the same as I basically did.

toth boer goats, MadHouse and Aasiya like this.
  5. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Glad that Abigail thrived and grew up! My first choice was to keep Talitha locked with her mom too...but her mother often nearly stepped on her in front of me, so I decided to keep her indoors at night.

toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  6. Llaughingllama

Llaughingllama Member

Jun 20, 2020
    Montana
    Her knees look wrong. I would do the following:

I recommend to get her on antibiotics pronto. I had joint ill in a number of my kids and it seems to be the only thing that kept them going. The knobby knees were a huge indication. Also, I highly recommend goat drench. Straightened out both Leif's and Mini's hooves when they started to turn.

7. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Thank you for the reply.
    Im sorry I hadn't updated...her legs got straightened out within a few days of the second selenium dose+ cod liver capsule. Her joints weren't inflamed or warm; it was the way the knees faced each other that made it look bigger. Also, her limbs were very thin, which made it look worse than it was. She's a very healthy, mischievous little kid now, and runs around jumping on everything.

8. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

That is good news. She seems to be ready to take on the world now. Keep up the good work.

MadHouse likes this.
  9. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  10. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

How is the little girl doing?

Aasiya, toth boer goats and MadHouse like this.
  11. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Hi Tanya! Thanks for checking. She's doing great; she's still half the size of her siblings but equals them in both cuteness and mischief! I'm slowly getting her integrated into the herd; she spends the mornings outdoors now( without screaming- finally!)​

12. MadHouse

MadHouse Well-Known Member

Oh, that’s great news!!

Iluvlilly! and Aasiya like this.
  13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Wesome news. House bottle babies are the hardest to integrate. They make you feel so guilty. You must post pictures.

15. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Will do! My camera stopped working at the worst time possible..just when I want to capture every moment of the kids being silly! Weirdly enough, these kids seem to like splashing around in the mud and rain...I've never seen my other goats go within 5 miles of a puddle lol

16. Sounds like you are having fun. Never had any that would play in the puddles - any rain and mine run into the barn. I have too many. 22 does and we love them all. They get to go on daily trips to forage and that keeps them so healthy. Here is a photo of a couple of our babies that like to stand in this container. Babies .JPG

Aasiya, Goataddict and MadHouse like this.
  17. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

That is so cute.

Asiyaa how is the little one doing?

Aasiya, Goataddict and MadHouse like this.
  18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  19. Aasiya

Aasiya Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2020
    Dhaka, Bangladesh
    Sorry Tanya! I haven't been able to come here for a while and didn't see your question. Talitha is doing well; but I'm still struggling to get her back into her herd completely. She will stay outdoors 2 hours at most and then squeeze under the gate and run up the stairs to my bedroom. If the door is shut; she will scream for hours. However , after some stern(but painful!) Ignoring, she's starting to get the deal. Hoping we get there soon, (before my ears are irreparably damaged!):confused:

Goataddict and MadHouse like this.