The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my girls has been extremely vocal and restless since yesterday and I have no idea why.
When I got home from work I could hear her before even getting out of my truck to open the gate - which, by the way, is about 500' away from where she was. She was that loud. It's not a scared, sick or hurt cry, just an agitated, I want something and I want it now cry.
This was about 5pm and she was still carrying on when I went to bed about 11pm. When I went outside at 5:30 this morning she started right back up as soon as she saw me.
She's not sick, not injured, her sister is fine but seems upset that the other has gone off her rocker.
Any ideas what would cause this? Could it be due to her being in heat? She's been in heat before and has never acted like this. She's actually the most quiet of my girls - or at least used to be.

Thanks in advance for any answers here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has been in heat before but didn't act like the crazy goat from you-know-where.
I wondered if, since she is getting older, and this is her 3rd heat, if maybe she's maturing and the need to breed is getting stronger.
If that is indeed the problem and it probably is, how long will she act like this? Last night I was about ready to pack her up and ship her to the North Pole - Merry Christmas Santa!

·
Registered
457 Posts
My guess would also be heat...some of there cycles are stronger than others from what I've heard. Is she a Nubian? If so my girls will throw fits sometimes just because they feel like they aren't getting as much as attention as they think they should

·
Premium Member
10,547 Posts
Yep, Heat. I have a few does that are pretty quiet most the time, others everyone knows. :p

·
goat Mamma
263 Posts
my queen is doing the same thing all of a sudden. she really sticks close to the house gate usually and today despite the snow she is at the far side of the pasture because my neighbors have a buck. she is pacing back and forth along the fence out there yelling at him. it is so much worse now than usual but I just got rid of my two bucks for the winter so maybe she is just interested in him because mine aren't here anymore.
I know for sure mine is in heat because she was 21 days ago to the day, so to answer your question, yeah I think yours is too :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.