Eye discharge....

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have noticed that past few mornings some of the goats have had greenish/white/yellow eye discharge. It has been raining alot lately which they are not used to because it has been bone dry. Anything I should do about it??

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    nothing that i know of. It happends from time to time with my Mia and she is no worse the wear. Watch for signs of a cold though so some nutri drench to build their systems (especially before the big move) would be a good idea

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    we have experienced gooby eyes in the past ,,the goats did not have a temp and were eating and drinking fine (not sick) we always feel it's a (cold in the eye) .......rinse out the eye and wipe it clean,then in a syringe put PenG in it,, then remove needle,,,,,put a few drops in the eye 1 to 2x a day, treat the other eye just for GP,,, for 4 days and it should clear up.................let us know

4. Nigie Girl

Nigie Girl New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    CT
    as long as their temperature is fine and they're not itching their eyes, it is most likely because they have a slight cold or congestion because of the weather.