The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
His eye is draining out a liquid that is a little but cloudy. It is running down his face. I have seen many drips of it fall off his face from his eye. This morning he is squinting. I can't see anything in his eye, and it isn't swollen. Please help it is getting worse than it was on previous days!!!

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
possible pink eye. Be careful its contagious to humans. Treatment options:
http://www.endofthelinefarm.com/pinkeyehelp.htm

Friend just went through this in one of her does and I suggested the oxytetracyline to coat the eye and also as an injection for 5 days and she has told me on day 3 she noticed huge improvement.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He isn't squinting as much now it has calmed but still!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't look like pink eye though. Nowhere is pink at all. The discharge is only slightly cloudy. The area around his eye looks okay and it is mainly in one eye. After that could it still be pink eye... ?

·
Premium Member
29,236 Posts
pink eye in goats rarely is pink. It usually is a cloudy eye that turns a bluish color and the eye tears as well as can become temporarily blind.

If its just a scratch a little triple antibiotic ointment will also help to heal it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
His actually eye is clear just the discharge is a little but cloudy. I have checked and his vision from the eye is good he blink when I get close to it. :confused::confused:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can I just put a little in his eye and he will blink it around? I have looked and I don't see any scratches, but I will try that for a little and also other people have told me eye drops would you know what kind???

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
But contact solution isn't medicated...

·
Registered
30,673 Posts
Could be a bit of allergies. too...I beleive Stacys suggested the COntact solution to wash the eye out to be sure nothing is in it..Neospordin works great as an eye cream..andits safe for eyes...benedryl will help if its allergies..I use children liquid..5 cc for kids and 15-20 fro adult goats..orally.
As Stacy said..wear gloves in case its the start of Pink eye and keep the eye area clean and dry as possible..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts