The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went in to feed this morning and my 200 + pound wether did not come to eat. He was running around pasture like he was scared. I tried to feed him and he just ran off from me when I called him. After a while after feeding everybody I caught him and looked him over. His eyes are glazed over and I don’t think he can see. Would LA 200 in both eyes help? I am at a loss here and never have seen this before. Help please , what do I need to do?

Reactions: Iluvlilly!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I would think that LA 200 would help the poor guy out, but i will bump this so you can get more opinions! Best of luck!

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
Yes you can uae la 200 as an eye drop..one drop in each eye 2 times a day. I like terramycin cream because it also soothes..or neosporin with out the pain relief. Just put a bit in each eye to sooth and heal.

Before any treatment first pen him so he's safe. Flush the eyes to be sure no object is irritating the eyes. Then do treatment.
B complex as a support.

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes you can uae la 200 as an eye drop..one drop in each eye 2 times a day. I like terramycin cream because it also soothes..or neosporin with out the pain relief. Just put a bit in each eye to sooth and heal.

Before any treatment first pen him so he's safe. Flush the eyes to be sure no object is irritating the eyes. Then do treatment.
B complex as a support.
Flush with distill would be best? B complex as a shot sub q?

Reactions: happybleats

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I had LA 200 but o threw it out because of the exp date. I have on hand Noromycin LA 300 and Nuflor. Would either of these work?

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMG_3290.jpg
IMG_3291.jpg

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
Noramycin will work. Yes diistulled water will work for flushing and sub q for b complex

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok I found some LA 200 but exp day 1/20/19. I'll use it. Also have some Terramycin on hand. I also have some NFZ Puffer for eyes, exp date 5/21/17, it has never been open and stored in house in dark cabinet. Pics below of each.
IMG_1591975711.404899.jpg
IMG_1591975767.063046.jpg
IMG_1591975823.465931.jpg

Reactions: Iluvlilly!

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
I would start with the terramycin.

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I would start with the terramycin.
Well maybe I didn't screw up I did the LA 200 then on a couple minutes gave the terramycin. I also gave 6 ml b complex vitamin

Reactions: happybleats

·
Registered
30,573 Posts
No..that is fine. You don't actually need both but it won't hurt.

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Terramycin would be good.
His eyes are a mess. They look like they have a thick cloudy film over them. I put the LA 200 drops and the Terramycin in them this morning around 11:00am and again about 5:00pm. Look at the pic attached of a weed in the pasture he was in. Do you think this make have caused this eye problem?
IMG_3288.jpg
IMG_3289.jpg

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Those look like Dandelion gone to seed. I have never seen the fluff causing issues, but he may have a sensitivity to Dandelion.

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I started the LA 200 and terramycin today How long before I should see results?

·
8,163 Posts
His eyes should start being less cloudy after 3 or 4 days. I have a buck I'm treating that started with a watery eye, I washed it out and thought it was ok, 2 days later it was entirely cloudy looking. After 3 days of 2x a day with LA-200 put in the eye. It is starting to look better. Only the pupil is still cloudy. (Not sure why I am underlining or itslicizing, iPad is going crazy!)

·
TKC Farms
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Could be a type of false dandelion, but I can't find anything if they are dangerous or not for certain. I did find this for horse in regards to false dandelion https://ker.com/equinews/dandelions...ns, also known as,plants often found in lawns.

False dandelions don't have a hollow stem like real ones do.
The reason I ask about the dandelions is because tall weeds in a cow pasture (if you have a lot of them) can rub a cows face and eyes and cause pinkeye. You need to mow them down to help prevent this.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts