Fainter in heat?

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by rjfoster03, Nov 27, 2011.

1. rjfoster03

rjfoster03 Member

May 29, 2010
    Being new to the goat world, I am wondering if my 1 3/4 year old fainter is in heat. For the last 1 1/2 days she is much more vocal, and makes some really odd noises. She is also more affectionate; she wants to be rubbed much more than usual.

She has no tenderness on any part of her body, fecal looks good, eats well and plays with her little sister. Her tail is upright, and the hairless side is pink in color.

Does this sound like she is in heat? How long does this last and how often do they go through it? Any specific time periods in the year that they go in heat?

2. RMADairyGoats

RMADairyGoats New Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Colorado
    It sounds like heat to me :) Does she had any discharge? She will go it heat about every 18 to 21 days (some will go a little past that) and it will last between 2 to 5 days. :thumb:

3. rjfoster03

rjfoster03 Member

May 29, 2010
    I can't say that I have noticed any, but then again, I can't say that I was looking for anything.... I will go out tomorrow and see what I can find. Thanks for the response. I did not know that heat comes so frequently. Wow.

4. Yep, sounds like a heat for sure. This breed is a year round breeder so you can see more cycles then a seasonal breeder would. But it is not a big deal, she will just love you more. LOL

5. rjfoster03

rjfoster03 Member

May 29, 2010
    Glad to hear that this is what seems to be going on. She is usually friendly and a little vocal, but with the amount of talking and strange voices, it's a bit different. Who knows. She may end up sitting in our lap next.

6. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    yep, most of mine do that every 17-18 days until they are bred......hopefully she isn't a LOUD one! LOL