The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 3 7 1/2 month fainting goats. 2 weigh 57 lbs one is 49 lbs. How long until they are full grown? What should i expect for there full grown weights? Are they in the norm for their age? Thanks for the replies.

·
Fair-Haven
4,798 Posts
Look up the breed standards for Myotonics. Post some pics for us so we can see condition, etc. Have you been keeping up with worms/parasites.... what are you feeding?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you. Any idea what i can expect for full grown size? Does it look like my assumption they were low on copper was correct? I thought the 2 larger ones coats were fading a bit. ThNks for the replies

·
Registered
Nigerian Dwarfs: Boots, Buttercup, Snowflake, and Dottie!
229 Posts
I have no idea on weight for fainting goats. I do know that with our Nigerians it can take over 2 years to be fully grown. They look pretty stocky and healthy to me, but I’ve never owned fainters.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
There are actually 4 sizes of myotonics. I have small.myotonics, not the minis. My.does are 60 to 80 lbs at 2 years of age. The myotonic takes longer to mature. I dont breed my does till they are 2 yrs of age. My Buck is closer to 175 lbs.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Its hard to tell by pictures. But they are medium to small or Standard size. Smalls cant be over 70 lbs. Standard does are 70 lbs and up to 85 lbs ( if I remember correctly) Bucks are generally at least 30 lbs heavier if not more. They go by wither / shoulder height on Bucks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts