The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Fainting goats a different breed than Mini Fainting Goats? What about Mini Silky Fainters? I have 1 Fainting goat now and will be adding a 6 year old doe. Does this girl look like a silky? She's not registered.
received_504646680440429.jpeg

·
Registered
5,403 Posts
Heres my FB Myotonic Buck
20191114_075309.jpg

Heres my FB myotonic Doe
20200331_110944.jpg

So yes I would say there is silky in her bloodlines.
But she is a beautiful doe. These 2 above are the small Myotonics. My larger Myotonics are just bigger all over & not so fine featured.
20200324_132317.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Generally most goats that are "mini" are hybrids with Nigerian Dwarf goats as crossing other breeds with pygmies don't always come out as expected since pygmies as small because of the dwarf gene they carry whereas NDs are bred to be small and do not have dwarfism (usually) so carry their smallness well to the next generation. If any of the minis have blue or blue marbled eyes then that is a dead giveaway that they have ND in their ancestry. I have seen several farms that raised both FGs and NDs that also raised and sold Mini FGs and seems to be pretty popular around where I live as pets. I believe that the silky FG are FGs crossbred with Angoras or maybe cashmeres but not entirely sure about that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts