Fainting question....

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by rjfoster03, Oct 18, 2010.

1. rjfoster03

rjfoster03 Member

May 29, 2010
    Goats are new to me and I have two 8 month old females. One has always been more of a fainter than the other. Today she seems to be locking up on the back legs a little more frequently. She did take a tumble off of her stand, but is okay. Can the stiffness be transcient with some days being "worse" than others? Since the girls are so new to us, I still worry about them and their health.

Other than that, she is eating and acting as she normally is.

Just checking to see if there is anything I should be checking on her and to help calm my nerves.

2. KFOWLER

KFOWLER New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    OKLAHOMA
    I have 3 fainters...they are different all the time!!! Sometimes we can just be walking by and they will faint and sometimes I can be trying to get one of them to faint to try and catch and it won't happen...we just never know!!! Mine are all pregnant and seem to be more sensitive to being startled in the past couple of weeks...who knows??!!! :ponder:

3. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Sounds normal for a fainter...especially if she is still adjusting to you and your place. :)

4. rjfoster03

rjfoster03 Member

May 29, 2010
    Lucy has always been the more common fainter than Elise, but she just seemed different yesterday with regards to her fainting. We had lost a "boy" within 2-3 days after getting Elsie and her brother, so we are still a little spooked when we notice changes in their behavior. Lucy was locking up more yesterday than she normally does and then see took a tumble off of her picnic table. Not too pleasant to watch, but she was fine shortly afterwards.

Since this is still so new to us (4 months), we are still learning how to take care of new girls..

We have the vet scheduled to come over tomorrow, just to make sure we are doing everything "right" for them.