Fair Price for Selling

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kimsminis, Apr 22, 2009.

1. kimsminis

kimsminis New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    HI, I am in western PA, and I have "mutt" pygmys. They cannot be registered. What is a fair selling price for 10 week old does and bucks that are not de-horned, but have all their shots?

Thanks Kimberly

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I've been raising pygmy/nigi crosses for the last 7 years, I sell does at $85 and wethers at $65. Never had a problem selling them with horns either :greengrin:

3. Thanatos

Thanatos New Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Lake Ariel, Pa
    sound bout right 50ish for boys and 100ish for does is what it is out here

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    eastern part of PA to NJ is 150 for doelings and 75.00 for bucks or wethers.

5. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Around here the does go for about $125 and wethers for $75. Harder to sell horned goats over here. . .

6. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I'd say 75. for does and 50. for bucks.

7. kimsminis

kimsminis New Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Thank you all for your opinion.

Kimberly :)

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Here in CO around here for a unregistered Pygmy. The does sell for maybe $50.00 and the wethers for $35.00 or so. Now that is unregistered.

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    One thing I do when I advertise my kids for sale, I do not list them as Pygmies....it is decieving to potential buyers as they are not pygmies, they are miniature goats. A pygmy is a breed, not a size and there are way to many people out there that are ignorant to that fact. When I get inquiries I tell them straightforward that they are crosses of Nigerian Dwarf and Pygmy,sme will stay short and chunky while others are short and refined....and the plus of having the parent's and grandparents is that potential buyers will see just how the kids will turn out.

Depending on where you are in Western PA...I list mine when needed in the Horse Trader as well as Craiglist Pittsburgh.....and here as well as on my website...

10. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Under $100. For being grade/mixed and horned. :)