The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am SO excited about our local fair this weekend!! It has been going on since Tuesday, but the open class Boer show is the weekend... It is a USBGA show, but hey why not. :) We always have a great time at this show! Last year we brought our paint buck Teflon and he won his class both days... this year we are bringing 4 does, one of which is his daughter (Liberty)!

This is Liberty from yesterday. I'm hoping she does wonderfully! We are also bringing Dandi, Paint Ball and Dazzle!

I am SOO excited! We leave EARLY tomorrow morning! :leap::leap::leap:

Obviously on the first pic I am still learning with photo shop! :) The background looks a litter better, but she's missing a horn! :(

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Yay!!!! Bring home some pretty ribbons! Liberty looks unbelievable right now :drool:

And your photo-shop is great :) What do you use for it?

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yay!!!! Bring home some pretty ribbons! Liberty looks unbelievable right now :drool:

And your photo-shop is great :) What do you use for it?
I'm hoping we will! ^ I think Paint Ball stands a chance this time at getting a champion ribbon as the % doe who always gets overall champ at the ABGA shows ...who is always in Paint Ball's class... won't be there! Now it's just the % doe who just won at Reno who will be in her class!

I use Adobe Photoshop. Love-hate relationship! I use "scratches and blemishes" and then change the lighting.

Thanks Tim. :) She's a big girl, which is great considering her mother's size :rolleyes:

·
14,615 Posts
She sure has growed!
Have fun you guys, Four is too old to bring. I was really looking forward to bringing him & I have no does to bring that USBGA would like.

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Pam! She looked soooo good yesterday when we had her out, and she was leading pretty good too! We had left her alone since the Big Top Show almost a month ago, but I just re-clipped her a few days ago. I think she turned out really nice!

I hope we get a repeat with Mr. Rich and Poli! If not, Teflon will have his chance again next year! :)

·
14,760 Posts
Haha, I was wondering the same thing about her coloring, very neat! She's a gorgeous, gorgeous doe! I can see why you are excited, and so proud of her! Good luck and hope you have a great time!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea, that's her natural coloring. :D She's a beauty... she's almost roan on her front half, just like her mom, grandsire and great grandsire!

The show went AMAZING!!! SO exciting! We just got back about an hour ago so we are re-grouping, so I'll post pics and the great news soon! :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Yea, that's her natural coloring. :D She's a beauty... she's almost roan on her front half, just like her mom, grandsire and great grandsire!

The show went AMAZING!!! SO exciting! We just got back about an hour ago so we are re-grouping, so I'll post pics and the great news soon! :D
Congratulations! I was wondering about the coloring too- it's such a perfect line dividing her two halves that I figured you had clipped her that way!

The photoshop looks good too- I'm going to have to learn to use it one of these days. I especially like how she's just got the ghost outline of the left horn- she's a paranormal goat now!

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Okay the results were...

Leaning Tree GF. Doodle Dandi
Single entry both days. GRAND JR. FB DOE day 1!

Leaning Tree Paint Ball
Won her small class both days. RESERVE JR. % DOE day 1, GRAND JR. % DOE day 2!

Crossroads Liberty Belle
Second to last out of pretty big class day 1! (whoo hoo so exciting!!.. haha) :( Judge didn't like her top.
FIRST place day 2... and get this...... GRAND JR. FB DOE day 2!! SHE BEAT DANDI!!! :eek::eek::cool::clap: (sorry Dandi, but it is super exciting!! We still love you... :D

Dazzle was 4th and 5th. :) We got a lot of positive comments on her though, so oh well!

Dandi is the traditional, Paint Ball is the paint, Liberty is the red and Dazzle is the dapple!

Attachments

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
:clap: :wahoo: :stars: GREAT JOB!!! Wow! Stole all the Grand Jr Doe titles, didn't you? :D So proud of all your does (and they aren't even mine...).

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks Katelyn! Yes, all the jr grands except the % doe on Saturday. :) We took reserve.

It was an exciting moment when Liberty took grand... our very first home-bred goat to win a champion!! :D

·
Colorful Quality Boers
6,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I forgot to mention that a big red doe we sold to a family here as a bottle kid did well too. She was out of Cosmo and Teflon. Tangy took 2nd out of the 3-6 class, beating both Liberty and Dazzle. We were so excited for her family!

Also wanted to mention that there were only 60-ish goats at the show, and 18-20 of them were owned and shown by a USBGA judge. I felt pretty good when our does beat all of his Jr. does! :) Except the first day, his % doe beat Paint Ball for grand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts