The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Fair-Haven
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So sweet Rou kidded on my birthday yesterday! She was a doe that I was concerned about this year, as a FF, she started developing ketosis with almost a month to go. After doing lots of research, and trying magic, etc with a major battle, I tried creamed sweet corn - recommended by another vet and breeder. She sucked it out of the syringe (top cut off) - she would eat about a can a day. She stayed up on her feet, moving and eating, and delivered these boys on day 156 without assistance. Thought I would pass this along. Here are the boys.
IMG_6459.JPG

·
Goat Crazy!
6,475 Posts
Oh my...SO cute! I'm glad everything turned out well.

I LOVE the creamed corn tip. Still keep an eye on Mama. Sometimes the ketosis can linger and hypocalcemia can kick in as they nurse. Hopefully she'll sail right through for you!

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Awful nice of her to hold them until your birthday.:) That is a very special doe, to break the code for an owner!
Congratulations on the Birthday gifts.

·
Fair-Haven
4,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks all, for the well wishes. :bighug: I upped the calcium pellets and continue to give her about 1/2 can of the corn. She is the best mom, beautiful udder and I'm so happy she is continuing to do well. A much needed hoof trim helped too. They grow so fast that last month, and she was NOT having it so I think things will continue to do well. Im really happy with these boys. They are unfolding nicely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts