Faith my non reg. FF ND kidded!!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by critterhavenfarm, Mar 20, 2009.

1. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Right before midnight...our handy dandy goat tv cam showed Faith restless...more so than she had been at 10pm....so I sat and watched in the warmth of my living room and about 11:15 she started pushing....I grabbed my gloves and ran out and a little bag had already fallen. ONE BABY!! she just stood there looking at me so I swooped in with the already ready towels and wiped him down a little. Handed him to her and she started cleaning him....

THEN I heard this terrible racket out behind the kidding building and went out and the pot bellied pig was out. Man, try chasing a pig around the yard at midnight! So finally got her in without waking the entire neighborhood, and then walked back in and thought...oh, Faith passed her placenta already...WRONG...another baby...and this one wasn't moving...!! Swooped it up...wiped all the nasty's off the face...and shook her..and she started breathing...thank GOODNESS!! A beautiful girl the spitting image of her dad!!! Now I was going to sell my non reg...but I can't do it....!! So we are retaining the girl and selling the boy. I'll probably wether him unless someone just wants a HEAVILY moonspotted non reg. buckling. If he isn't sold by 8 weeks old I will wether him...but he is Such an unusual color!! Like a tawny red gold with huge black moonspots!

Their names are Ella Enchanted and Michael. Continuing the 'movie' theme for this kidding season.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She slept in the recliner with me last night so she could hear her mom and brother over the TV...it was so cute. I figured Faith had her hooves full with just one for her first time and she did...so glad I kept Ella inside. Put her back out this morning and had to hold Faith to let them nurse, but they each got a bit. I'm hoping with the pressure let off her bag now she will let them nurse on their own.

I'm so excited!! :stars:

Now for Martina and then I get a break til April and my SR girls kid. They are old hats at this so the anxiety level isn't as high! :wahoo:

I'm off to a goat festival meeting now...with the doeling going with me! :)

Susan

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    congratulations!! do let me know what you would ask for the buckling. A friend here in NJ raises unregistered and is looking for a new buck....

3. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Glad you were there to get them and congratulations, they are very very cute.

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    So are you not going to leave the babies on mom? Even as a FF I am sure she will be fine with them.

5. critterhavenfarm

critterhavenfarm New Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Southern Middle TN
    Oh yes, they will stay on the mom. I'm taking the girl with me since I'll be gone from the house about 4 hours. Then I'll bring her back. Mom cleaned her off and I kept her about 4 hours last night..then she has been with mom...but the boy is so much stronger I don't want to take any risks of him knocking her out of the way. We supplement bottle feed anyway, so this is just insurance to make sure she stays a-ok.

The boy I'm pricing at $100 for a non reg. buck...just look at those moonspots!! I can't get over them...he even looks like he has a yarmulke on his head! His dad is reg. but his mom is full blooded but not reg. I couldn't imagine getting spots like this from them! I just love genetics. It's my two non reg. that are throwing these dark heavy moonspots. And I'm anxious to see if he'll be polled. His dad is.

[​IMG]

Last year Boogie had Odo.

[​IMG]

Don't you just love babies? :wahoo:

Susan

Would be even cuter if the spots on his back formed wings..since I named him Michael. Actually over his rear it kinda does. :angel2:

Susan

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thanks! I will mention it to her since I am possibly coming your way and the price is very fair. :)

7. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    They are really cute - love the moonspots!

I would be careful, though, taking her away from her mother for such long periods when she's only just born. As a FF mother, she may well start to reject the doeling if you keep taking her away. Then you'll be left to bottle-feed her. I'm sure the bigger kid will not bother her especially at that young age.

LW

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Very colorful kids! Congrats!!!!

9. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    WOW....Congrats on those very colorful kids! Those moonspots do make for a unique goatie :stars:

10. Epona142

Epona142 The farm that Hope began

May 25, 2008
    Madisonville, TX
    Congrats! What a gorgeous little buckling!! :love:

11. trob1

trob1 New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Middle TN
    Both of them are just adorable

12. helmstead

helmstead New Member