Faith's Kidding page day 152*****updated******

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by RPC, Jan 9, 2010.

1. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Since I started Ruby's page I thought I would start Faith's hers is more around the normal start time. She is at day 119. She is looking kinda big and hopeing for twins or more with her also. O I forgot both gurls are bred to 2 different Full blood Black boer bucks so I am hoping for some color kids. Last year she was an FF so she had one doeling. Sorry the pictures are so big I dont know how to change them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Small udder starting
    [​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Re: Faith's Kidding page day 119

pretty doe... :greengrin: :thumb:

3. Re: Faith's Kidding page day 119

She is coming along. Keep us posted, can't wait for he pics.

4. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

She is pretty thanks toth. I am just ready for babies. I will keep you all posted.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

Your welcome... :greengrin: :thumb:

6. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I am sure this is me just being a worry worm but she only has 25 days till day 150 and she still isnt really getting an udder. What do you think, is this normal, and I am worrying about nothing. Or could she not be bred? Thanks for any advise.

7. goatnutty

goatnutty Active Member

Oct 9, 2007
    South East,IN

Looks bred to me she may just fill up in the last couple weeks or less...you could always ask Kim to see if she remembers from last year....cant wait to see what they look like! :)

8. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Well she wanted to take her time and now that we are only 17 days away from her kidding she decided to just barely start an udder so that makes me feel better. Can't wait for more babies but I am only thinking 1 so we will see.

9. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

I had a Nubian who almost had no udder whatsoever only a few days before kidding, and I was convinced I would have to bottlefeed. However, she ballooned during labor and had the most capacious udder I had ever seen in my herd.
    She still has time, I wouldn't worry too much.

10. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

some wait till a lot closer to kidding ot start to fill up.

11. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Day 149

She is getting close but still no real udder we are on day 149 hopefully she has them during the day unlike Ruby who had to wait till midnight. I am really excited but thinking she has a single so kinda nervous. I hope the kid isnt huge. I will post pics when it is born.

12. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Re: Faith's Kidding page day 150

Tell you the truth I dont think she looks much different from day 119. I still took pictures to share, anyone have guesses on how many and boys or girls?

This is a picture from up top
    [​IMG]
    This is a side picture
    [​IMG]
    From behind
    [​IMG]
    Her horribly small udder
    [​IMG]

13. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

singe or twins is my guess

14. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

I'm gonna say a big single . . . can't wait to see an adorable floppy eared Boer baby!!! :drool:

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California

She has changed... her udder is starting.... and her drop is more on the top of her back to her tailhead..... It could be... that she is carrying a single and that is possibly why...she is developing so slowly.... but I see udder... :greengrin: :thumb:

16. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I really hope its not a single and if so I dont want a huge single.

17. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

I'll say two. :kidred: :kidblue:

18. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

I would be fine with a boy and girl since we dont have any girls yet, and you can show and sell market does at our fair this year for the first time. I guess we will have to see what happens. I was just out there and she isnt acting like she is real close.

19. greatcashmeres

greatcashmeres New Member

Jul 13, 2008
    Maine

If one was a girl, do you show at the fair yourself or just your nieces do the showing. I was wondering too, when I put the :kidred: , if people raising boers prefer more :kidblue: .

20. RPC

RPC Boer Goat Breeder

Just my neices show, I am too old my 10th year was about 6 years ago. Since I am just raising them for the fair it doesnt matter to me one way or another if we get boys or girls. I guess I would rather have a boy. But this year I got another class added to the goat show, where you can show market does and sell them in the auction. Before it was just market wethers. In order to sell they have to be shown as market does not breeding does. Since you can only put one threw the auction I guess if she is really good we may just keep one more girl that way we will end up with 3 breeding does and maybe that will give the kids more babies to choose from.