Fall 2020 Kidding

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by ALBoerGoats, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Good luck.

Moers kiko boars likes this.
  2. ALBoerGoats

ALBoerGoats Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I'm sure she is going to be so happy to get those babies out. I've never seen her so huge. This was them both at about 6 am. They are now getting more serious. It's a slow labor with inducing but they should go within the next 12 hrs. 20201020_062832.jpg

3. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Sending prayers of a healthy easy birthing! That's moms & babies all get here healthy & happy. You are in my thoughts. Can't wait to see your surprises!

Iluvlilly! and ALBoerGoats like this.
  4. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Its like waiting for a birthday prezent. You know some one got you sumfing but you cannot for the life of you wait to get your hands on it. Good luck. I pray they are all healthy and safe

5. KST Goat Farm

KST Goat Farm Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2019
    NE Colorado
  6. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Thank you! No kids yet but she's definitely getting more serious. Visible contractions for sure. I did do a cervical check on her. No baby in the canal yet

7. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Didn't finish that post lol. She is much looser in there than before so I assume she will go within the next 6 hrs. Her ligaments are gone

Lucy is all over me now which is how she gets when she is close. Her udder has gotten huge. Twice the size it was last year with her single doeling. Her ligaments have softened significantly and her vulva is much more relaxed though I did not check for dilation on her.

8. Boers4ever

Boers4ever Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2020
    East Texas
  9. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhhh it's getting exciting ...should we start the coffee? Is it going to be a late night.birthing???

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  10. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Yes were getting closer any significant progress after your last post?

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  11. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Checked dilation on both. Magic is almost fully dilated but Don't feel a baby or a bubble on the other side. Her contractions are definitely getting stronger. I'm thinking she's trying to move a baby into place.

Lucy is about 2 fingers dilated and a believe i felt a bubble on the other side so that is a relief! She is also having contractions but not has strong.

They are almost 30 hrs post Dex and Lute shots. Every doe I have induced has gone at about 33-36 hrs post shots.

12. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Looks like your in for a long night, I hope thats all what magics doing is moving the babies but exciting that Lucy's is going all good!

13. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Ya I'm hoping there's not a tangled mess of babies in there for sure.

14. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Ok, now I'm thinking Lucy will go first. She is talking a lot and having some pretty good contractions! Ligaments are completely gone now.
    Udder is even more full.
    20201020_213629.jpg

15. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Can’t wait to see those babies!

16. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Lucy is getting down to business. Definitely more dilated.

While I was out there Electro happened to wonder over to the fence and I noticed what looked like blood by his mouth. So, I caught him and took a look. He definitely had an abscess that blew out. I didn't notice it before because it is right near his mouth where his beard starts to get super thick. And now I'm freaking out! This isn't a typical CL location right? The exudate was somewhat thick but looked pink from blood. No strong smell. Not a big abscess. Like the size of the tip of my thumb. I'm definitely sending it off for testing but it's too late to save anyone from exposure to whatever it is. No one else has had abcesses and they have all tested negative for CL.

Well, I guess Lucy did have an abscess in a similar location as him over a year ago but I lanced it and got a foxtail out of it.

17. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    This shows where it's at and the exudate
    Screenshot_20201021-002924_Video Player.jpg 20201020_233709.jpg

18. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
  19. CountyLineAcres

CountyLineAcres Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2014
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio
    Ouch! It’s always a possibility, but I highly doubt it. Sending it in for testing is a smart move to be on the safe side.

Yay! Cannot wait to see what you get. I’m working midnight shift, so I’ll be here for your updates lol.

20. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Lucy just had this half grown single buckling. Had to help her but she did well.
    20201021_023628.jpg 20201021_023609.jpg 20201021_023557.jpg