Fall 2020 Kidding

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by ALBoerGoats, Aug 6, 2020.

1. ALBoerGoats

ALBoerGoats Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    I saw what looked like 3 or 4 on ultrasound. Multiples for sure. That was at around 30-45 days. Now they are too big to count.
    I saw 4 sacs. 3 for sure had little peanuts in them not sure on the 4th one.

FB_IMG_1597440194155.jpg

Moers kiko boars and Goataddict like this.
  2. Goataddict

Goataddict Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2020
    Abuja, Nigeria
    Prays she has a text book easy kidding.

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  4. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Thank you!

I do have a question concerning Magic. She is only about 80 days along and has become a tad lethargic and off by herself. She seems to be laying down a lot and not coming in with the herd for food. Is it too early for pregnancy toxemia? She's huge already and I'm concerned. Temp was 102.2. FAMACHA is a 1. No bloating or signs of respiratory distress. No injuries or swelling in the legs. Hooves look great and are trimmed every 6 weeks. She will eat if i bring her in towards the food.

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Maybe her rumen is off, give probiotics and give fortified vit B complex SQ for 3 days minimum.

Energy requirements of pregnant does are highest during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, so I think it is too soon.

6. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    I went ahead and treated her with probiotics and the SQ vit B complex and she seems back to her normal self. Up and eating without encouragement. Thank you!

7. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Poor Hanna is feeling a bit miserable in this heat. Can't say I blame her. I'm only 13 weeks pregnant but feel miserable as well lol. These pictures don't truly show how big she looks in person. Poor girl
    20200815_132710.jpg 20200815_130820.jpg

Moers kiko boars and ksalvagno like this.
  8. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Congrats on your pregnancy! Yes..she does look miserable. The heat is brutal. A fan really helps..just moves the air ..to give her a liitle bit of comfort. I usually put.frozen water bottles in their water ..and where they lay down. Some of my girls snuggle up to the bottle. Some dont.

ALBoerGoats likes this.
  9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

ALBoerGoats likes this.
  10. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Thank you both!
    Here is a video of Magic from tonight. She is feeling better but oh, so round!

11. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Only 2.5 more weeks for Hanna! I'm ready for babies! 20200824_121107.jpg

12. Noisy Bottle Babies

Noisy Bottle Babies Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    Galesville,WI
    Oh sometimes you just feel so bad for these ladies our girls are so done with being pregnant as Well XD

13. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

And how is it going?

toth boer goats likes this.
  14. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Good so far, although Hanna does seem to be getting a bit sore on her feet. Hoping she will be fine for at least another 12 days. She has been slowly losing her mucus plug over the past couple days.
    20200827_130626.jpg 20200827_130850.jpg

And then there's Magic who is about as wide as she is tall with 2 months to go still. Hoping for a doeling out of her to keep this year! She is starting to bag up.
    20200827_131051.jpg
    20200827_131107.jpg
    20200827_131009.jpg

15. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhh look at all those cute good looking pregos! :great:I always think of the old tune....weebles wobble but they dont fall down. (shy) So exciting...cant:goatkiss: wait to see the kids!!!!:kid3::kid3::kid3::kid3::kid3:

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  16. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    You can see here how she's starting to get gimpy. Not as bad as last year yet.

17. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Bless her heart. That luggage is getting heavy. Trunks getting full...lol lol

18. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Hope she will be OK.

Do you think she may of been hit by another goat?
    I see her limping on the front right?

Did you just trim her, she may have a stone bruise or has a sensitive hoof after trimming?

19. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    No, she did this last year too right before she kidded. Started getting gimpy about 3 weeks out. Not sure if it is from the extra weight of the kids or what. No swelling in any legs and no injuries. Trimmed her a few weeks ago and her hooves look good. She seems more sore today than yesterday.

20. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

If there are moms on here, remember right before you had your baby you got so uncomfortable you walked like a duck and baby liked kicking you in the lungs. Now times that by 3 or 4?