The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 40 of 461 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thank you!

I do have a question concerning Magic. She is only about 80 days along and has become a tad lethargic and off by herself. She seems to be laying down a lot and not coming in with the herd for food. Is it too early for pregnancy toxemia? She's huge already and I'm concerned. Temp was 102.2. FAMACHA is a 1. No bloating or signs of respiratory distress. No injuries or swelling in the legs. Hooves look great and are trimmed every 6 weeks. She will eat if i bring her in towards the food.

·
Super Moderator
83,152 Posts
Maybe her rumen is off, give probiotics and give fortified vit B complex SQ for 3 days minimum.

Energy requirements of pregnant does are highest during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, so I think it is too soon.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Maybe her rumen is off, give probiotics and give fortified vit B complex SQ for 3 days minimum.

Energy requirements of pregnant does are highest during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, so I think it is too soon.
I went ahead and treated her with probiotics and the SQ vit B complex and she seems back to her normal self. Up and eating without encouragement. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Poor Hanna is feeling a bit miserable in this heat. Can't say I blame her. I'm only 13 weeks pregnant but feel miserable as well lol. These pictures don't truly show how big she looks in person. Poor girl
20200815_132710.jpg
20200815_130820.jpg

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Congrats on your pregnancy! Yes..she does look miserable. The heat is brutal. A fan really helps..just moves the air ..to give her a liitle bit of comfort. I usually put.frozen water bottles in their water ..and where they lay down. Some of my girls snuggle up to the bottle. Some dont.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
And how is it going?
Good so far, although Hanna does seem to be getting a bit sore on her feet. Hoping she will be fine for at least another 12 days. She has been slowly losing her mucus plug over the past couple days.
20200827_130626.jpg
20200827_130850.jpg

And then there's Magic who is about as wide as she is tall with 2 months to go still. Hoping for a doeling out of her to keep this year! She is starting to bag up.
20200827_131051.jpg

20200827_131107.jpg

20200827_131009.jpg

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Ohhhh look at all those cute good looking pregos! :great:I always think of the old tune....weebles wobble but they dont fall down. (shy) So exciting...cant:goatkiss: wait to see the kids!!!!:kid3::kid3::kid3::kid3::kid3:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Hope she will be OK.

Do you think she may of been hit by another goat?
I see her limping on the front right?

Did you just trim her, she may have a stone bruise or has a sensitive hoof after trimming?
No, she did this last year too right before she kidded. Started getting gimpy about 3 weeks out. Not sure if it is from the extra weight of the kids or what. No swelling in any legs and no injuries. Trimmed her a few weeks ago and her hooves look good. She seems more sore today than yesterday.

21 - 40 of 461 Posts