The Goat Spot Forum banner
381 - 400 of 461 Posts
Discussion starter · #386 ·
So, as far as I knew I only had one more doe due in April. Well, Lucy and Hanna had other plans.

They were looking rather round so I ultrasounded both and sure enough they somehow got bred after weaning their kids. Assuming when I was on modified bed rest.

Lucy looks to be around 90 days bred on ultrasound so I'm assuming she is due early May. Hanna looks to be pretty far along so I assume she will kid within a month.

Discussion starter · #390 ·
Well, we almost lost Arlo today. I went out between bottle feedings to find him cold and almost lifeless. Took his temp and it wouldn't even register on the thermometer. Spent almost 2 hrs warming him up and finally got him up to 102. He is doing much better this evening, thank goodness!

Hanna is looking quite round. She may be bigger this time than she was with her triplets. Her udder doesn't look close though. I assume she'll go mid April. Lucy looks like she will just have another single which seems to be her thing. And Diamond, who is due mid April, looks to be right on track for twins.

Sky Working animal Tree Plant Grazing

Oh no...is Arlo ok? Do you know what happened? Im hopeing he is better and continues to be better.
Hanna looks ready...bless her heart. And I get to look forward to more wee ones from you!

Discussion starter · #397 ·
Looks like Lucy is due sooner than I thought too. Her udder has filled up quite a bit since last week! And her vulva is way loose too. She may be due before Hanna at this point. They do look pretty good for just having been on pasture since weaning their kids. They started getting hay about 2 weeks ago.
Eye Camelid Working animal Camel Mammal
Eye Grass Liver Fawn Terrestrial animal
Plant Sheep Goat Working animal Terrestrial animal

Attachments

381 - 400 of 461 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.