Fall 2020 Kidding

Discussion in 'Waiting Room' started by ALBoerGoats, Aug 6, 2020.

1. ALBoerGoats

ALBoerGoats Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2015
    Oh, I understand that but I actually had to induce her early last year because she was completely down at the end and couldn't walk. There's uncomfortable and then there's just plain painful. She actually ended up losing one of her kids shortly before birth and I wouldn't doubt that it was from being down for a couple days before hand.

I have an exact due date for her so I will induce early at day 145 if I absolutely have to. Hoping it doesn't come to that though. Would like them to cook for as long as possible. But either way I will be inducing on the 11th at the latest so I can be there to deliver if needed. Last year the dead kid jammed things up in the birth canal and we almost lost her and the other kid while I was at work. Her actual due date is the 12th so one day early will be fine.

Moers kiko boars and Iluvlilly! like this.
  2. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    This was her last year a week before she kidded. 3 days later she was down.

Moers kiko boars likes this.

3. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

Oh poor baby. Well I am sending love on angel wings and prayers. She will do well

4. Moers kiko boars

Moers kiko boars Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    You know your Does better than anyone else! Sounds like a great plan. Wishing you and her easy birthing &.healthy kidds!

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It is strange, I can't figure out why she is doing that, as she never did that when she was here.
    Not sure, maybe feeding schedule differences, perhaps?

Have you been feeding grain throughout her pregnancy?

Iluvlilly! and Moers kiko boars like this.
  6. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    All my does get free choice oat/alfalfa. I start their grain about 6 weeks out from kidding. They also get free choice loose mineral. No other does have had this issue yet. So not sure what her deal is.

7. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Just guessing..her weight gain..on a hot rocky/ sandy surface..makes her.flesh inside her hooves tender. Like a pregnant woman, they walk differently due to weight gain. Tend to lose their balance. So the doe is getting sore feet from her weight dispersal in her body. Her fleshy part is.pulling from her inside hooves.

R.Williamson and Iluvlilly! like this.
  8. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Just double checked my dates on when Hanna was bred. She is actually due the 9th and not the 12th. I had the wrong does breeding date stuck in my mind for some reason.

toth boer goats likes this.
  9. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    GOOD..I dont have to WAIT:waiting: as long ! Less days to worry about her....(blush)..(headsmash)
    AND I GET TO SEE:hubbahubba: those kidds shes holding captive!!!!:nod:

Iluvlilly! likes this.
  10. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Moers kiko boars may be right.

I don't feed hay free choice, it is 1 x a day or less, depending on how much they waste, when the pasture is lush.
    When the pasture dries off and I have to feed them, 2 x a day, but it will be 2 x a day anyway, starting the last 2 months of pregnancy and they nibble in the pasture.

I start molasses grain type, 1 month prior, 1 x a day.
    It is a small amount shared among them.

11. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Hanna is officially at day 145 so she could really go anytime. Hoping she holds off until Monday at least since I work this weekend. Udder is beginning to tighten. Teats aren't strutted yet. Ligs are getting softer.
    20200904_160700.jpg 20200904_160611.jpg 20200904_160637.jpg 20200904_161720.jpg

12. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

And we wait with baited breath. Hope she holds out for you till Monday. Good luck..... Go Hannah

Iluvlilly!, Moers kiko boars and Kass like this.
  13. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  14. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Udder seems a bit fuller today and it looks like she's had some mucus discharge. Babies are starting to drop. Really hoping she holds out just a couple days lol. Especially with this heat wave we are going to have this weekend.
    20200905_111211.jpg 20200905_110218.jpg

15. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    Trying to figure out if she is in early labor or if she's just overheated. It is 109 out today but she didn't have these issues a couple weeks ago during the last heat wave. Other does have increased respirations but none like this.

17. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    I think I would get her in some shade with a fan blowing on her. Usually pregnant does run a few degrees warmer. Either if shes too hot , or.in early stages of labor..the fans air will help her cool down.

toth boer goats likes this.
  18. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    She has plenty of shade. With how hot it is a fan probably won't do much good besides blowing hot air on her. I've been putting cool rags on her. Don't want to shock her system too much by cold hosing her. Keeping a close eye on her until I leave for work.

19. Moers kiko boars

Apr 22, 2018
    Oklahoma
    Yes..Ive used cold rags..mine just preferred the blowing air. Maybe a.mister or blowing over a bowl of ice..with a fan might help.
    Bless her heart. I hope she does ok. Hopeing she holds off having kidds till you are off work & with her!. Good luck

20. ALBoerGoats

Dec 26, 2015
    If she holds out she will be getting induced in the morning so that she kids on Tuesday. It will be at least 15 degrees cooler and I'll be off work the rest of the week. She seems to be doing better at the moment. Poor girl.