The Goat Spot Forum banner

Fall 2020 Kidding

25K views 460 replies 28 participants last post by  toth boer goats 
#1 ·
I figured since we are only 5 weeks out from kidding that I should start a waiting thread!

Our first doe due is Hanna. She looked to have triplets or quads on her ultrasound at 45 days. Hoping it's twins or triplets lol. She had some lameness issues last year with only twins and I had to induce her. One was born dead. I'm hoping things will go smoother this year for her. I will most likely induce so she kids when I'm home in case of any issues. She is due September 13th. She is bred to Wild and these will be his first kids on the ground. She started developing an udder about 4 weeks ago.
Pictures from today
Vertebrate Mammal Fence Goat Fawn
Eye Goat Goat-antelope Terrestrial animal Sheep

And Wild the buck she is bred to
Dog Dog breed Collar Carnivore Companion dog

Coyote should also be due around the same time but not sure if she took or got bred later. Hasn't had any udder development yet but looks bred. She is also bred to Wild.
Dog breed Fawn Companion dog Terrestrial animal Working animal

See less See more
#2 ·
The rest of my does are bred to Electro and their due dates range from October-January.
Lucy, Magic, and Freesia would be due end of October. All look to have twins.
Vertebrate Mammal Goat Terrestrial animal Snout
Plant Goat Working animal Dog breed Sheep
Terrestrial animal Plant Snout Livestock Natural landscape

Justice would be due in November and has at least twins on ultrasound. She is actually bred to Wild not Electro.
Plant Grass Fawn Goat Terrestrial animal

And then Flame who was supposed to be bred to an outside buck but aborted at 60 days. She has been bred back last week to Electro.
Fence Plant Grass Fawn Goat

#11 ·
Thank you everyone! We are so excited about this kidding season. I feel that we have greatly improved our herd over the past year!
Magic is alreasy miserable but still has 2.5 months left. Hard to believe she's been in the diet/pasture only pen for the past two months. Don't think she dropped weight at all lol. She only had a single last year but looked to have at least twins or possibly triplets on ultrasound this year
Fence Working animal Pet supply Fawn Goat

#24 ·
Thank you!

I do have a question concerning Magic. She is only about 80 days along and has become a tad lethargic and off by herself. She seems to be laying down a lot and not coming in with the herd for food. Is it too early for pregnancy toxemia? She's huge already and I'm concerned. Temp was 102.2. FAMACHA is a 1. No bloating or signs of respiratory distress. No injuries or swelling in the legs. Hooves look great and are trimmed every 6 weeks. She will eat if i bring her in towards the food.

#26 ·
Maybe her rumen is off, give probiotics and give fortified vit B complex SQ for 3 days minimum.

Energy requirements of pregnant does are highest during the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, so I think it is too soon.
I went ahead and treated her with probiotics and the SQ vit B complex and she seems back to her normal self. Up and eating without encouragement. Thank you!

#28 ·
Congrats on your pregnancy! Yes..she does look miserable. The heat is brutal. A fan really helps..just moves the air ..to give her a liitle bit of comfort. I usually put.frozen water bottles in their water ..and where they lay down. Some of my girls snuggle up to the bottle. Some dont.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.