The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first doe is due in just a couple weeks! Magic is up first. She is bred to BSMF Headliner. Due date is September 10 but I will be inducing her to kid the day before while our vet is around. She is the one that had a massive uterine infection last year that ended with an emergency c-section. She is huge again this year. Her udder is twice the size it was last time as well. The last pictures are from a month ago.

·
Registered
Breeding Quality Nigerian Dwarf Goats
540 Posts
Aww. Poor girl, she's huge! I bet she can't wait for her kids to be here either!! Hope she has a smooth delivery to healthy kids. Good luck and happy kidding!

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,694 Posts
Oh my goodness. She looks like she is carrying quads. Her coat looks healthy. I can understand induceing with a Vet around for sure. Best of luck to you. Shes a beautiful doe! Yes...pictures of the wee ones when they get here! Please

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you everyone! I will definitely update when we have babies! Here's a couple more does that are due over end of October and beginning of November.

Freesia is up next. She has kidded 3 times with 3 sets of triplets. Looks like she will have another set of triplets this time too.

And then there's Queen. She had triplets last time at 14 months old. She also had pregnancy toxemia so I'm keeping a very close eye on her. She looks to have 3-4 on ultrasound. She is due around November 11th.

·
Premium Member
Raising Quality Show & Commercial Goats
5,694 Posts
Yes, she has really changed. How exciting. I do hope she does well with no problems. She is such a pretty girl.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Was Magic bred live or AI?

She looks great! Hopefully no issues at all this year. I wonder if she is more comfortable now that she dropped! I'm a little excited your date may be wrong so we can see them sooner!
She was bred live but if I remember correctly her heat was weird. I cycled her in with a CIDR protocol and it didn't seem like she came into heat until almost a week later. So I'm wondering if she actually was in heat sooner and got covered when I didn't see. It was such a hectic time so I don't really remember.

1 - 20 of 127 Posts