False Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by powderhooves, Mar 4, 2009.

1. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I took my Great Pyr, Gabby, to the vet today. In and of itself that was a challenge because she doesn't want to leave her goats. I thought she was pregnant. She has enlarged nipples. Well...it was a false pregnancy. I wonder if being with all the pregnant does she wanted to be pregnant too. I had another dog 24 years ago that had a false pregnancy. I was pregnant at the time and meditated every morning while she sat on my lap. I think she felt my baby kicking and thought she was pregnant too. So strange. It cost $130 but it was worth it to know I don't have to keep watch for puppies.

So no puppies. Although we did want a litter I'm relieved because my husband's son has been in intensive care for one month and I didn't want to leave Gabby if she was going to have babies....even with house sitters.

What I should have done was pick up those cashmere does I wanted in Colorado Springs from Lori and tell my husband Gabby had Guppies (goat puppies).

It's bad timing for my husband but I promised him it wouldn't be more work. The last 4 does I got in Montana I begged and begged and finally told a lie. I told him if we didn't get them they were going to be on the dinner table. I had them on my computer screen so he had to look at them every day.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    really pretty dogs... :) ...yes false pregnancies are a pain .......but it does happen...

Quick thinking ...LOL :thumbup:

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    hahahaha!! I have been known for "white lies" like that!

What beautiful dogs!!

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Beautiful dogs! Yep.....I've told those "white lies" as well.....and not ALWAYS about goaties :greengrin: :wink:

5. powderhooves

powderhooves New Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Thank you all. These dogs are such good workers and so lovable. I absolutely adore them. When they do have babies I'm sure they are going to be gorgeous and their strong work ethic passed on.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    OH Becky, I am sorry that she is not pregnant. I know how bad you wanted babies but with the things going on in
    your life, it might be for the best.

:ROFL:

Do you think they would of passed? You are to funny.

Still praying for you and the family. :pray: