The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been expecting this doe to give birth for 3 months now! She was free running with my Buck all winter when her herdmate have birth I was like okay... should be anytime now, and I locked her up so I could make sure I caught the birth. In the stall she kept losing weight and looking less and less pregnant. So I let her out after a month of being cooped up.

3 or 4 weeks later she looks like her bag is swelling and her tail ligs don't feel as tight as everyone else. So I pen her up again. She looks bored and miserable and just lies around all day. One again she looses weight and her bag doesn't develop anymore so I set her free again!

A week ago her bag is swelled up so I put her on the stand and what looks, smells and feels like colostrum comes out. She was holding about a half cup in there.

She was tearing up my pen yesterday so I let her out again.... I took some pics, but I seriously feel like she is playing a huge practical joke on me!

Attaching pics to a following post

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. About a week ago... a guy down the road told me to try it to see what was going on with her udder.

But it was only a few squirts each.

·
Boers & Nubians
1,938 Posts
Has she had discharge? Does she sleep a lot? Moan and groan while laying down? Hmmm... a vet check may be in order. That is, if you can find one that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for an ultrasound!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I did see a discharge back in June, but none since then.

I took her out of the pen with the Buck in early may.

She does sleep alot, like she's bored. But she doesn't moan or kick at her stomach or anything like that.

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Well, to milk her out can cause infections in her udder, and you are taking away colostrum from the baby(ies). I suggest you don't do that for those two reasons.

She looks pregnant to me, but if she doesn't seem stressed or anything, I would worry about it too much.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I out her through my milk goat routine when I milked her. Wipe, milk, spray. And I froze what little came out of her just in case she did need it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts