The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Don't beat yourself up over it. Sometimes things happen so fast, we miss them.
Glad you are on top of things. ;)
Thank you, I feel bad dumping my responsibility while I was stuck in that darn wheelchair for 8 months.
I'm wigging especially with Minerva because she's so close to kidding and she's very special. Well, they all are really...It'll get fixed. Thanks for letting me vent y'all

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
She had copper on January 4th, I thought it would be too soon... should I give her a half dose (2gr) she only had 4gr. And is about 80lbs.
From what I have read...yes it would be totally fine to give her another 2 grams of copper

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
You are doing a great.job. Im sure Minerva will be ok. You found it early and are doing all you can. Be careful out there dont rush around!
Thanks, I got all 24 but two checked today and treated they Didn't all get hoof trims but I got them all CDT's and wormed if needed.
Everyone who had a 3 or below got wormed just in case. Hopefully, if we don't get rained out, my sons coming up to help get the electric netting set up out front so I can move them out there during the day, so their current pasture gets to be to burned off. Otherwise it's next weekend.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
How do you give the copper in a Fig Newton? Break it open and smooch it all together or just shove the whole pill in there?
Cut the cookie open so the fig is like a plate. Open the capsule and pour the rods onto the fig, smoosh cookie back together..... Here goaty goaty goaty....works every time :)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts