farm growing pains....

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by ohiogoatgirl, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    *sigh* i want to expand sooooo much! i'm dying to get a job so i can buy fence. right now i have one pasture fenced in. i want to fence in the second pasture that just got fence taken down out of it... dad wants to use the fence that is from that pasture to fence in the garden. which is not likely to get put up. and i want to get meat rabbits, quail, chickens, ducks, highland cows, and a horse (or 5 :wink: )

:hair: need a job!!!! :GAAH:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Praying ...you get a job ....so you can pursue your endeavor....good luck ...I am rooting for you.... :hug: :pray:

3. OhCee

OhCee Yak Lady

Feb 26, 2010
    Western MT
    The ranch is the only reason I work... Wouldn't need to work if I didn't need to buy more stuff for the animals (oh, and new animals lol).

4. ohiogoatgirl

ohiogoatgirl New Member

Jan 31, 2010
    ohio
    ya, my dream is to get a fairly large herd and flock and garden so i can just sell stuff from the farm.

5. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I hear ya. I am a stay at home mom of 3, and so we depend on my husband's income. I do odd jobs here and there, but most of my income from that <photo stuff> comes in the fall.
    We have an acre of wooded area we want to finish fencing in, need to finish our barn, build a permanent buck shelter and pen, so lots of projects to be done! It's frustrating when you know what you want to do, but just don't have the extra $$ to get it all done.

6. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I feel your pain. Except, that I already have a job! LOL I have about 40 chickens, but they pay for themselves, so that's cool. The goats, I think they will pay more for their keep when they start producing milk. I already have people stopping by. Extra bucks I can sell for meat, so that will help. I want to garden, I have one, but it has been neglected. Now that I have a job, I have no time to garden. It's very sad. I am able to pay to keep my animals, but I still can't do all the things I want to do. I have been thinking about finding a live-in person to cook and clean so that I have more time to do things LOL. Then I'll need a handy-man/gardener.