I wanted to post a thread on farm "hacks" that make farm life easier or cheaper! (or both!) Here are a few of mine
- Save your empty spay bottles! I refill them and use them for everything! If you refill it with bleach water, be sure it used to have bleach in it, because the sprayer stops working
- Keep some dish soap in your barn! It can be used for almost everything! Cleaning feed bowls, water troughs, scrubbing the milk stand, EVERYTHING!!! I got a huge 1 gallon thing of soap from HEB about a year ago, and still have over half of it!
- Keep a toilet brush out in the barn yard! Obviously, get a new one, not one that has been used in the toilet, but you can get 99 cent ones at the dollar store. i scrub the water troughs every time i dump them with it because it gets that nasty algae in it. It is awesome!
- If you mix your feed in a bucket the night before, cover the bucket with a shower cap! Im serious! It keeps nasty bugs out all night untill you are ready to use it! When i start showing, i plan on using this trick too
- I got these little labels from staples for my soap making https://www.avery.com/blank/labels/...zJIqJnLxLXYVPNhzx4xoCThMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds , but i have been labeling everything with them! They come in all different shapes and sizes! You can put your design on them at avery.com/print It is super easy!