Farm Names

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by RowdyKidz, Jun 23, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I see some pretty cool, unique farm names and I was just curious as to how y'all came up with them! ;)

Mine Tara's Rowdy Kids and that would be because my name's Tara and my goats (kids) are quite rowdy. :roll: :)

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Sunset Lake Ranch - as we live on Lake Coeur d'Alene and we have beautiful sunsets

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    End of the Line

this is from my website

You maybe wondering what the name on this site means. Well it started out as kind of a joke really.

You see most of the animals at our home have come from places or people who couldn't have them anymore and it was either us or death for the animal (dogs, cats, goats, some chickens, and some turkeys once!). People soon realized that we would take in almost any animal that needed a home and we would end up with those unwanted animals. Some we kept others we found homes for.

So I started saying that we were the end of the line for these animals (this is true, Dutch was to be euthanized the day we called, Lucky would have ended up at some pound, the cats would most likely been put down etc.) and so the name stuck. I like it since it reminds me that I am making a better life for some animals.

My goal is to some day have a ranch to give a home to unwanted animals of all kinds. As well as raise my nigerian dwarfs.

4. redneck_acres

redneck_acres New Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Idaho
    I started out with miniature oberhaslis and thought something along with red would go good for a farm name since my herd consisted mostly of little red goats-so redneck acres it became. Of course now I dont have the minis anymore and have LaManchas-but I still like the name;-).

5. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    We grow alfalfa, apples, cherries, and have raised paint horses for 25+ years and our name was always KW Farms so when I started to get into goats around 5 years ago I just decided to keep our farm name our herd name.

6. sealawyer

sealawyer New Member

May 31, 2009
    Dew, Texas
    Rancho Volsa Basias

I got the name from a Spanish teacher at the University of Houston. She used the archaic term for the name of my ranchette. (in Texas, anything less than 2000 acres is considered a "ranchette"!)

It means "empty pockets ranch" :wink:

7. Tyler

Tyler New Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Central Illinois
    "Tumbling T". Just a play off of my first initial. Of course, that's just the name of my farm, and my farm exists on my Dad's farm - "Peach Tree Prairie". We originally moved to IL from GA where the Peach Tree Plaza Hotel resides. We played off of that name since we have peach trees on our property. :)

8. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    "Chivalry" comes from our goal of becoming one of the most trusted breeders in the country and "Timbers" comes from living in the "north woods."

9. 4hmama

4hmama New Member

Jan 9, 2009
    No. Central WV
    JCH Mountain Farm
    Justin (chickens), Catie (goats) and Hannah (yet to be determined) - my children, who all have different animals...we live on Buckhannon Mountain Rd., and we finally have a farm! Not very origninal, but it works.

10. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    Sweet Goats.

We live on Sweet Road all my goats are sweet.

11. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Mine is Sandy Lane because where I live is really sandy, and we live down a really long lane :) Most people think Sandy Lane is actually my name though, so a lot of people call my Sandy :lol: